What Does a Short Nasal Bridge Look Like Exactly?

Also, how do you know know you have one? I know what a high nose bridge looks like, but I'm not sure what really qualifies as short.

Short nasal bones

A short nose is different than short nasal bones. A short nose means the vertical height of the entire nose is short. Asian  patients have short nasal bones The  hump on the nose  is usually caused by mostly cartilage and some bone, but the length of the cartilage in the length of the bones are different on each individual.

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

What is a Short Nasal Bridge?

Dear ParadiseLee, I am guessing when you state "short" nasal bridge that you are discussing a "low" nasal bridge. Low nasal bridges are typically seen in certain ethnic noses more often then others. Patient's typically seek a higher bridge which may be accomplished via nasal implant, grafting, and/or  osteotomies during their rhinoplasty. I would seek consultation with a highly qualified rhinoplasty surgeon who will be able to discuss your options with you after a direct examination. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

360 San Miguel Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Appearance of a Sort Nasal Bridge

The opposite of high is low, not short. I don't know where you heard the term "short bridge" but somebody may have been referring to short nasal bones which describes the length of the bones. This may not change the appearance of the nose but is very important when doing rhinoplasty surgery because nasal support  is compromised.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

These are all aesthetic judgement calls made in relation to other landmarks, and there is no one fixed definition.  If you want your dorsal height augmented, implant or cartilage grafting in addition to osteotomies may help.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA     

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Short nasal bridge

Short nasal bridge appears short, flat and wide on frontal view. It is much lower than the nasal tip on profile view. Some Asian and African-American noses have short dorsum or bridge.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

1441 Avocado
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Short nasal bridge

Thank you for your question about a short nasal bridge.

• It is also called a low nasal bridge.
  • The nose instead of being too tall on top, is too low, flattening the nose.
  • It is common in Asians and African-Americans.
  • Rhinoplasty can be done to raise the bridge.
  • Hope this helps. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

2045 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30309