Can Septoplasty Correct a Small Hump?

Hi, I'm not a native English speaker, so please forgive my grammar mistakes. I've developed a septal deviation in recent years and my cartilages have also gotten bigger. As a result, there's a small hump on my nose. I generally like the shape my nose, but from some angles, it looks really bad to me. I'm thinking of having septoplasty and cartilage reduction. So, does reducing the cartilages automatically remove my hump as well? if not, what should I ask for? I don't feel ready for rino yet.

Septoplasty does not correct small hump

+1

A septoplasty is an operation that is done out of medical necessity to straighten a deviated septum. The septum can became crooked for a variety of reasons, including both trauma and congenital. By straightening a deviated septum, the septoplasty operation improves the airflow dynamics through the nose. It will not affect any change cosmetically on the nose. Any changes across the tip, bridge, and the columella are purely related to elective cosmetic surgery, which is paid for by the patient as it is considered cosmetic rhinoplasty. Any hump removal is cosmetic.  

Correcting a small hump

+1

It would be necessary to perform rhinoplasty, where a hump reduction would take place. Reducing the hump is not attainable through septoplasty alone. Thank you for the question and best of luck to you.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD