How to Select a Doctor for Microlaser Peel of 20 to 30 Micron.

I have an olive skin tone and have been recommended 20-30 micron Microlaser peel to remove sun and acne spots. How do I select an experienced doctor? how many procedures of this type should have they done?

How to select a doctor for a microlaserpeel?

+3

When selecting a doctor for any cosmetic procedure, it's important to choose a board-certified dermatologist, dermatologic surgeon or plastic surgeon with proper training and experience in that procedure.

Regarding microlaserpeels in particular, the epidermis on the face is approximately 100 microns deep, so a microlaserpeel of 20 to 30 microns is strictly epidermal. Being epidermal it can achieve a superficial smoothing of the surface irregularities, and a decrease in fine wrinkling and pigmentation. Several treatments have an additive effect, so a good number of treatments is 3-4 spaced 6-8 weeks apart.

We always give prophylactic medication for herpes for three days before, on the day of the procedure, and for three days after any laser resurfacing procedure. In addition, for patients with olive skin, I have them use a fading cream for two weeks prior to the procedure, and an excellent sun protection/sun avoidance regimen before and after the procedure to minimize post procedure hyperpimentation.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Tips For Choosing a Good Doctor

+2

Before you begin finding the right Micro-laser Peel specialist, I might suggest that you take a step back and decide whether that is the right procedure for you.  Too often the procedure recommended just happens to be the one that the doc has the device for in their office.  In other words, the procedure recommended benefits the doctor's bottom line more than it does your appearance.  So how can you tell?

Tips for choosing a good doctor:

• They thoughtfully listen to your concerns
  • They carefully examine you
  • They explain is simple terms what is causing the problem that you are concerned about
  • They explain the various options available for treatment, including the ones that they may not perform
  • They explain the risks and benefits of the different treatment options
  • They help you to weigh the varying options to make the right choice for you

If your doctor is doing these things, then you don't really need to know how to pick a good micro-laser peel doctor- you have already found one. 

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Picking a Good MICROLASER PEEL Doctor

+2

Regarding: "How to Select a Doctor for Microlaser Peel of 20 to 30 Micron.
I have an olive skin tone and have been recommended 20-30 micron Microlaser peel to remove sun and acne spots. How do I select an experienced doctor? how many procedures of this type should have they done
?"

WHAT depth laser peel you undergo depends on the depth of the skin deformity you wish to correct and how much time you have to recover from the treatment.

A 20 micron Microlaser Peel (MLP) is a rather superficial peel with quick recovery which may be repeated multiple times if you prefer not to have a deeper peel with a longer recovery.

We have been using a Sciton Joule laser in our office for a year and our patients are very pleased with the results of their Microlaser and ProFractional Peels.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Microlaser Peel Specialist

+1

The correct answer is to select a physician who is well trained but also is able to show before and after results of their own patients so that you will be able to see the actual results they are obtaining with treatments.

A 20-30 micron Microlaser peel is fairly superficial peel and very safe but the pre treatment care, post treatment skin care regimen and management of any other facial concerns you may have is best managed someone you can trust and return to for all of your needs in the future.

Best Regards,

Dr. Jacque P. LeBeau

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon