Will Sciton Micro Laser Peel Cause More Broken Capillaries?

I am 33 years old woman. I have sensitive fair skin. I consider having sciton micro laser peel (50 microns) treatment to reduce my pores, brown spots and some pits on my face.

Is it possible to get broken capillaries with micro laser peel (50 microns treatment). I have some visible capillaries on my face and I am so worried if this treatment is going to make them worse or cause more broken capillaries?

Please give me some information about it.

Sciton peel will not make broken cappilaries worse

+2

An Er:Yag peel such as with the Sciton will not have any effect on broken capillaries (telangiectasia).  On occasion some telangiectasia that are very superficial can bleed during an Er:Yag peel but you typically  would not see that until you got to 100 or more microns.  The only caveat is that the peel will take out brown spots that could be camouflaging some telangiectasia a bit.

If you would like to get rid of the telangiectasia, an IPL treatment or green laser (like the Aura) would do a very nice job.

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

IPL is best for broken capillaries-blood vessels on face

+2

A 50 micron Microlaserpeel should not have an adverse effect on facial blood vessels and broken capillaries. However as a general rule, ablative laser resurfacing, which is what the microlaser peel is, can make broken blood vessels and capillaries on the face worse.

IPL or Photofacial treatments are effective at removing broken capillaies and blood vessels on the face and can be done in conjunction with your Microlaserpeel.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Laser Peel and Capillaries

+1
Sciton Micro Laser Peel does not cause any more Capillaries, however it can make them more prominent after the treatment, due to ablation of epidermal layer.

Mansour Bendago, FRCSC

Broken Blood Vessels on Face

+1

A Microlaser peel will not make the visible capillaries on your face worse.  It will also not make them better.

I rarely treat my patients with a single modality on the Sciton laser platform.  If you have prominent vessels on your face then you would receive BBL/IPL prior to your Microlaser peel so that you would obtain the optimal result.  If you had acne scarring or deep wrinkles of the upper lip than you would receive a deep profractional or Contour TRL treatment.  The best results are achieved by targeting the treatment to the problem you would like to improve rather than using a single modality to try to treat everything.

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon