Lift the Lateral Brow with a Peri-temporal Trichophytic Brow Lift?

I can't find anyone who does this. Why? I have a high forehead. My brows are in an excellent position medial however. It is just the lateral brows that have melted down the sides of my face. I do not want my brow lifted medially. Dr Martin cuts an ellipse from the skin in the temporal region at the hairline.His incision is pre-trichial. I'm interested in hearing what doctors that do brow lifts think. Thank you.

Brow Lift

+1

This is a great procedure and I dont think the scar even if its bad is really an issue. If your forehead is that high maybe consider doing a classic coronal brow lift

+1

The lateral trichophytic brow lift in the right patient has the advantage of not distorting the hairline and obviously improves the lateral hooding.  The scar in poor scar formers may be an issue. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Brow-Lift.php

Lateral Browlift

+1

Hi Dianne, the peri-temporal hairline typically does not hide trichophytic incisions well at all.  That's why most surgeons prefer incision placement within the temporal hair tuft to minimize scar visibility.  This applies to both open or endoscopic approaches.  Of course, a direct lateral browlift is another option.  The incision is placed directly above the lateral eyebrow and allows good control on brow elevation.  There is good scar camouflage and this procedure does not disturb the hairline.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lateral temporal lift, hair line lift, trichophytic lift, Pre-trichial lift

+1

Based on your story and desires I believe you are an excellent candidate for a lateral hairline brow lift .

i suggest you go to the Am. Soc. of Aesth. Plastic Surgeons web site and search for a board certified plastic surgeon(s) in your area, make several consult appointments and see who you feel most comfortable with. This is a very common procedure and you will have many options.

Riverside Plastic Surgeon

Hairline browlifts?

+1

Its a very common procedure and I'm surprised you are not finding surgeons in your area.  It is also my preferred method of a browlift.  However, if your forehead is very high, there is some risk for skin compromise and more scarring then you would be happy with.  But its a simple procedure that can be done under local so revisions are less costly if needed.

Pretrichial lateral brow lifting

+1

Pretrichial (trichophytic) lateral forehead/brow lifting is a very good effective technique that is also safe. It is the most common technique that I use in my practice in females. The incision is made along the lateral temple hairline, which heals and hides very well.  It can be done under local anesthesia.

Web reference: http://www.tabanmd.com/eyebrow-lift-forehead-lift

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

The Trichophytic browlift

+1

Hi Dianne, I agree with the others that there is a potential risk of visible scars when the incision is extended to the more lateral temple region. I was a member of the group that originally developed endoscopic plastic surgery procedures and have been performing endoscopic browlifts for years. I will add a pretrichal incision to lower the hairline where indicated. You say that you have temporal hooding in the eyebrow and a high forehead. If a pretrichal or "trycophytic" procedure is recommended, you might consider hair transplants to that area after the browlift healed to hide the scar if it remained visible 

Browlifts

+1

I perform trichophytic, endoscopic, temporal, direct, or transblepharoplasty browlifts, depending on your hairline and hair density, skin thickness, and degree of brow droop. A temporal browlift  may work very nicely for you, and can be done either in front of the hairline or behind the hairline depending on your hair density and growth pattern on the temple. Trichophytic browlifts tend to be the excellent for patients that have high foreheads, and if you do not need your medial brows lifted much, that portion can be done relatively conservatively.

If you would like post a photo, or better yet come in a for evaluation, a more personalized recommendation can be provided.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

The lateral brow lift

+1

A trichophytic browlift  in  the lateral temple area will be noticeable and incision detectable because of the thin hair, and the direction of growth of the hair follicles.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/browlift_photos.html

The Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift.

+1

The Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift was developed by myself and my partner 35 years ago. It should be used to lift the lateral brow but NOT in the temporal hairline! This solidly be done at the lateral frontal hairline. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.