What is the Difference Between Temporal or Lateral Browlift Incisions?

Where exactly are the incisions for a temporal or lateral browlift placed? Is it usually accomplished with an endoscope or is there an effective, less invasion option that holds up over time? I have ruled out the browplexy option via the eyelid or direct brow skin excision.

Browlift options

+1

Temporal or Lateral Browlifts are done using an incision near or within your sideburns.  These are typically be done with an endoscope.  Choose a surgeon who is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS) for the best opportunity for a good result- ask to see his before and after photos for similar cases to yours.  Visit surgery.org for a list of ASAPS surgeons.   Speak with your surgeon about different options- A coronal or hairline incision may “hold up better over time”

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Difference Between Temporal or Lateral Browlift Incisions?

+1

Thank you for your question. There are many variations on the theme with this procedure, but the incision is usually in eh hair or on the hairline.  Different doctors have their own style or way of being trained. The keys are the result, and the duration of benefit. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Lateral browlifts are great in the right people

+1

These type of lateral brow surgeries are actually very effective for lateral brow "hooding", which is usually what people come in complaining about with their brow. It is a much more effective operation for this then endoscopic brow lifts which tend to better maintain their affect on the medial brow, which again is not the problem most people seek treatment for.

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

The World's Best Browlift!

+1

The world's best browlift is the one that is best for you.  You are smart in ruling out the browpexy and the direct excision both of which I intensely dislike.  The temporal or lateral brow lift (different words for the same animal) I also dislike because it rarely does much.  In brow lifting, the endoscopic full brow lift, the hairline browlift, and the coronal browlift all work well.  Generally I love the endoscopic, but if your hairline is extremely high, the hairline  incision will lower your hairline.  A high hairline is masculinizing for a woman.   If your hairline is very low( and thus forehead short)  and you appear a bit primitive, the endo forehead or likely the  coronal can be best considered and will solve your appearance problem.   The very best browlift for a given patient requires an in depth meeting of surgeon, patient, and great work - project photos.  You will get there.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

+1

Temporal browlifts are lateral browlifts, and the incision is usually placed in temporal hairline.  I would not try to determine what is best for you.  This evaluation is complicated for some surgeons, and they have decades of schooling and knowhow.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial procedures and brow lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Temporal browlift incision

+1

The incision for a temporal brow lift or a lateral browlift is in the temporal area usually measures between 2 and 3 inches long  in the temporal area  behind the hairline. It  does not address the central brow, corrugator  and frontalis function, glabellar lines or hairline placement. Please see link below for brow lifting results in our practice

Temporal or lateral brow lift incisions do not lift the brow properly in my opinion.

+1

Temporal or lateral brow lift incisions do not lift the brow properly in my opinion. You need the Irregular trichophytic forehead lift which is done at the hairline without a visible scar.

+1

Because Browlifts, like so many other plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures, are often re-named for marketing purposes by Surgeons it's best to specifically ask each surgeon where and how your Browlift will be performed.  Lateral Browlifts offer temporary and limited lifting of the brows and should not be compared with proper Browlift techniques.