Are Sculptra Injections Permanent?

unlike other dermal fillers like juvaderm, i beleive its true that some injections dont ever go away. the one i know about is called "Sculpta"

Sculptra results last about 2 years

+4

The results of Sculptra last for about 2 years before your body breaks it down and reabsorbs the material. In some people, the results may last longer, and in others, touch up treatments may be required to maintain the effect that long.

Remember, though, that the results of Sculptra are not visible right away. It takes several weeks to see the results of each treatment and, depending on how much correction you need/want, 2 to 6 treatments spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart will be necessary.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

How Long Does Sculptra Last: Facial Filler Longevity

+3

How Long Does Sculptra Last?

Sculptra is in a class of its own in terms of facial injectables. The product induces a proliferative response and stimulates collagen production. After a short period, the injected sculptra is gone, only to be left behind by your own collagen.

How long your own collagen will last is dependent on your specific profile. If you continue to damage your skin with poor diet, sun bathing, and stress, the collagen will break down and degenerate at a more advanced rate than someone who adheres to a more skin-healthy lifestyle.

This is not to say that if you are displeased with Sculptra you should damage your skin. It is just a reminder that collagen synthesis and degradation is a byproduct of your own genetics and environment.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Long Lasting Fillers

+2

Althought Sculptra is not permanent, it is one of the longest lasting fillers that we have available today.  I feel it is one of the best volumizing fillers on the market.  I would discourage you from using a permanent filler since the filler will not change as you age whereas the rest of your face will!

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Longevity of Sculptra injections

+2

Longevity of Sculptra injections is dependent upon the number or series of injections you receive. Typically, after a session of three to four treatments the results last many years. In fact, in my patient that I have used to correct facial atrophy I've seen the improvement last over three years. I believe the stimulation of the collagen persists correcting the area; however, it cannot stop the aging process and you may need more to maintain the persistence of the correction.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra Injections are Long Lasting, but not Permanent

+2

Sculptra aesthetic is a novel type of non-surgical facial rejuvenation injectable product that is unlike the facial fillers that have been available before. Sculptra is a stimulatory agent that gradual makes your body lay in new collagen to give the desired effect. Sculptra is made of poly-L-lactic acid, which is a material that has been used for years in absorbable sutures and screws. It is mixed with water and injected under the skin. The initial swelling goes down over a few days when your body resorbs the water. Then you look very similar to before you came in, i.e. not corrected. It then takes months for your body to react to the particles. The inflammatory cells are stimulated to lay in new collagen to help breakdown the particles. A typical Sculptra treatment is done in a series of 3-4 treatments spaced at least 1 month apart. The collagen continues to build up over the ensuing 6 months. The FDA trials showed that the Sculptra Aesthetic lasted in the nasolabial folds through 25 months in 80% of the participants. In my clinical practice, I have seen it last between 2 - 4 years. Usually, patients need a touch up of a single treatment or two rather than a whole new series of treatments to regain what they have lost after already having had a Sculptra treatment.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

How long does Sculptra last

+2

In my experience, Sculptra lasts about 2-3 years if a proper and full correction is acheived with a set of injections. Most patients require a series of 3-4 treatments spaced out at monthly intervals to achieve their desired result. Once this is accomplished, many patients return for an annual touch up and then the result lasts for many years.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra breaks down after 12-18 months

+2

The Sculptura itself is broken down in 12 - 18 months. They key with Sculptura is that it stimulates your own collagen. This effect can be permanent but typically requires several treatments to get significant effects.

Steven H. Williams, MD

In a word, no...

+1

Sculptra causes you body to manufacture its own collagen...and that of course lasts longer than the traditional fillers...but its not permanent...and the aging process continues to evolve over time...so with continued loss of tissue, you may need more injections of the product...but overall its very economical when compared to fillers...and another benefit...the material works slowly...so its not as obvious to your friends as the fillers that work immediately...

Ken Landow, MD

Sculptra Injection Longevity

+1

Hi A,

Sculptra acts by stimulating the area injected to form new collagen.  It is thought that once patients have full correction following Sculptra injections that it lasts anywhere from 2 to 4 years before patients need a booster treatment.  Sculptra is not permanent.  It is actually made of the same material that absorbable suture material is made of.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Sculptra

+1

Sculptra is a longer lasting volumizer.  It is in a class of its own and not really a filler.  Sculptra is a collagen stimulator.  The results of Sculptra are not immediate.  It may take several weeks to see the results of each treatment.  

Sam Naficy, MD