I Had Sculptra 5 Days Ago, my Jaw Line is Now Square I'm More Swollen on the Right Side?

Post Sculptra Swelling

+1

Thank you for your question. Swelling asymmetry is not uncommon, and will resolve over 1-2 weeks.  Continue to massage as directed. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra and swelling

+1

At this point, you have swelling from the injections.  It takes at least one month to start to see the improvement with Sculptra.  The swelling should subside in another week.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Side effects of Sculptra

+1

Sorry to hear about the side effects you experienced from your Sculptra treatment. In general, side effects of Sculptra may include the following:

1) Lumps, or "nodules."
2) Redness or swelling at the injection site
3) Bruising
4) Itching
5) Swelling

The square appearance of your jaw line is due to swelling. And it is not abnormal for the swelling to be asymmetric. This can last up to a few weeks, and it is important to be patient while you heal. In the meantime, I would recommend speaking with your physician who performed the injections regarding any concerns you have. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra takes many weeks

+1

Typically you will see your Sculptra result 1-3 months after treatment. A few days following treatment is typically temporary and not the end result.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

Since you are only still 5 days out from your Sculptra treatment, you may have some swelling that is still present and it is settling in your lower face.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Swelling after Sculptra

+1

It is not unusual to get some swelling after a Sculptra treatment and sometimes it can be more swollen on one side than the other.  Normally, after a few days to a week or so, the swelling will subside and both sides will appear more even.  The appearance that you have at five days after the treatment will definitely not be the appearance that you have later, as it takes several weeks for the final result to be seen.     

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Proper care after sculptra injections

+1

After treatment with Sculptra, it is normal to have a certain degree of swelling associated with the procedure itself that will last from hours to days.  It's a good idea to massage the treated areas in a circular motion several times a day during the early post-procedure period to ensure uniform distribution of the product.  It takes weeks for the effect of collagen production to show permanent changes in your facial volume.  The swelling you are experiencing now is likely temporary, but if it persists more than a week, follow up with your doctor.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD