Can I Scuba Dive 24 Hours After Botox Injection to my Forehead and Frown Lines?

I've had Scuba diving for a long time and also I've had several Botoxes in the past. Just never had them so close together and I just want to be sure that it is safe and also that mask will not leave a permanent print on my forehead :)

Botox and scuba diving

+1

You would be fine to go scuba diving 24 hours after your cosmetic Botox injections. For a thorough review of indications and potential side effects, visit the web site referenced below.

Can I scuba dive 24 hours after Botox injection to my forehead and frown lines?

+1

It is not likely that the scuba diving will have an affect on your Botox treatment. However, to play it safe you may want to wait an extra 24 hours. The factors to consider that may influence your treatment are the following:

1) Pressure of the mask on your forehead
2) Water pressure at great depths

In general, the Botox is fully absorbed after 24 hours. But an exception may be necessary under the circumstances. The mask will not leave a permanent print on your forehead, but the pressure can potentially interfere with the result. I would recommend speaking with your physician who performed the treatment regarding his or her specific guidelines. Thank you and good luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox, botox complications, dysport, xeomin

+1

Neuromodulators such as Botox are reported to be full bound by 48 hours. 24 might be a little early and you might risk drooping

Barry Lycka, MD
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Scuba diving after Botox

+1

I have a few patients who get Botox before they scuba dive because they suffer from migraines and these are often triggered by scuba diving. There is no problem getting Botox 24 hours before you dive.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox

+1

Dear patient, there are 2 issues that I concerned about here. One is your diving mask pushing on the forehead area and the other ( and more vital issue) is the increased atmospheric pressure on your face and forehead. I routinely advise my patients not to fly right after Botox injections for the same reason. There have been rare cases of forehead drooping after Botox injection and flying. Please consider giving it at least 48 hours before diving.Yours, Dr. David R.

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

This should not be a problem.

+1

However the same can not be said for periocular filler.  After the filler services, I specifically counsel my patients to avoid wearing tight fitting masks for two weeks after the service.  This precludes activities like scuba diving, parachuting, skiing, and racing a car or motorcycle.

Can I scab dive 24 hours after Botox injections to the forehead and frown lines

+1

It's ok to scuba dive 24 hours after botox injections to treat frwn lines and forehead wrinkles. 

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Restricted activities after Botox injections

+1

There should be no problem scuba diving the day after your botox injections. The only restriction is not rubbing the area for the first 4 hours after the injection.