Can Botox Be Squeezed out when Popping a Zit?

Botox injections and myths

+1

Botox works on the neuromuscular junction and does not get squeezed out when you are manipulating a pimple. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Botox and pimples

+1

This will not have an effect on the Botox. The Botox is injected in the muscle, which is under the skin. I would recommend visiting a board certified dermatologist for the treatment of pimples. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/fillers-and-injectable/botox/

Botox and acne

+1

Botox is injected into the muscles, which is much deeper than the epidermis and dermis, where acne resides.  Within a few hours after injection the medicine has diffused into the tissues and isn't going anywhere.

Web reference: http://utahoc.com/botox-dysport-and-xeomin/

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can botox be squeezed out when popping a zit

+1

No you cannot squeeze Botox out because Botox is injected into the muscle that is under the skin whereas a zit or a pimple is in the skin. A good analogy would be to think of a carpet on the floor where the skin is like the carpet and the floor is like the muscle layer 

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Botox and pimples

+1

You should not manipulate the area where Botox was injected for at least 4 hours after your injection.  Squeezing a pimple after this time should have no effect on Botox results.  

Can Botox be Squeezed out?

+1

Since Botox is injected into the muscle, if would be nearly impossible to squeeze it out of the superficial skin. 

Clermont Plastic Surgeon

Botox and pimples

+1

Botox is injected into the muscle of subcutaneous tissue. It is hhighly unlikely that unroofing a pimple will cause the Botox to "pop out."

Can Botox be squeezed out if I popped a zit

+1

Botox is injected into the muscle. Pimples are superficial and do not go into the muscle. You can't get any Botox out by popping a zit. Though this is entirely not a good idea and can leave you with marks and divets.

Can Botox be squeezed out of pimples?

+1

Pimples are superficial and Botox is placed deeper.  It would not be affected by squeezing a pimple but remember to use sterile technique and, if the pimple is problematic, to see your dermatologist so it can be handled by a professional.

Botox out of zits

+1

I agree with Drs Yoo, Naficy and Echavez, the neurotoxin is injected into specific muscles to cause them not to contract/move. This is not the same depth of a hair follicle or epidermis that you would extract a comedone from.

Germantown Dermatologist