Can Botox Be Squeezed out when Popping a Zit?

Botox injections and myths

+1

Botox works on the neuromuscular junction and does not get squeezed out when you are manipulating a pimple. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Botox and pimples

+1

This will not have an effect on the Botox. The Botox is injected in the muscle, which is under the skin. I would recommend visiting a board certified dermatologist for the treatment of pimples. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Botox and acne

+1

Botox is injected into the muscles, which is much deeper than the epidermis and dermis, where acne resides.  Within a few hours after injection the medicine has diffused into the tissues and isn't going anywhere.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can botox be squeezed out when popping a zit

+1

No you cannot squeeze Botox out because Botox is injected into the muscle that is under the skin whereas a zit or a pimple is in the skin. A good analogy would be to think of a carpet on the floor where the skin is like the carpet and the floor is like the muscle layer 

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Botox and pimples

+1

You should not manipulate the area where Botox was injected for at least 4 hours after your injection.  Squeezing a pimple after this time should have no effect on Botox results.  

Can Botox be Squeezed out?

+1

Since Botox is injected into the muscle, if would be nearly impossible to squeeze it out of the superficial skin. 

Todd Ginestra, MD
Clermont Plastic Surgeon

Botox and pimples

+1

Botox is injected into the muscle of subcutaneous tissue. It is hhighly unlikely that unroofing a pimple will cause the Botox to "pop out."

Can Botox be squeezed out if I popped a zit

+1

Botox is injected into the muscle. Pimples are superficial and do not go into the muscle. You can't get any Botox out by popping a zit. Though this is entirely not a good idea and can leave you with marks and divets.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Can Botox be squeezed out of pimples?

+1

Pimples are superficial and Botox is placed deeper.  It would not be affected by squeezing a pimple but remember to use sterile technique and, if the pimple is problematic, to see your dermatologist so it can be handled by a professional.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Botox out of zits

+1

I agree with Drs Yoo, Naficy and Echavez, the neurotoxin is injected into specific muscles to cause them not to contract/move. This is not the same depth of a hair follicle or epidermis that you would extract a comedone from.

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist