Is Sclerotherapy a Possibility for Broken Penis Veins?

I'm a 28 year old male whose had some broken veins in my penis for some time. I'm circumcised. The superficial dorsal vein is healthy and normal, but other veins in the skin on my penis have been widening. Previously invisible tributary veins/blood vessels have gradually become visible, as they are connected to the damaged veins. I was fine living with some of this but since it's spreading I'm wondering if it's possible to stop the process.

Broken veins on male organs

+1
I agree that a urologist should exclude underlying conditions and perhaps offer you sclerotherapy if he/she recommends that ... a urologic examination is warranted along with ultrasound of the scrotum and pelvis. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

Consult a urologist first

+1

While in theory most small veins can be treated with sclerotherapy, in this very sensitive region, I would recommend you visit a urologist first to rule out any other possible issues. Assuming the urologist is fine with this type of a treatment and doesn't find anything else to be concerned about, I would think it would be ok. But I would recommend both physicians speak before you schedule any treatments.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Sclerotherapy for veins on the penis

+1

A good evaluation by a urologist would be essential for both the reassurance that there is no underlying problem causing the veins to enlarge as well as whether or not there are any safe treatment options to consider. This would not be something that I think can be safely treated by any other specialist.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sclerotherapy for Penis Veins

+1

This is an issue I would address with a urologist.  Injecting veins in this area would be out of the realm of most dermatologists' areas of expertise.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist