Ulcerated Scars and Hyperpigmentation After Sclerotherapy

I had multiple clusters of spider veins on my legs. Doctor performed sclerotherapy. All he used to find my veins was a regular light. Ended up going though the veins and injected solution into soft tissue. Now I have ulcerated scars on both of my legs (he made the same mistake twice!). The skin surrounding the scar is now hyperpigmented.

He said all we could do would be waiting for them to completely heal. Then he would cut the original scar out and give me a new (smaller) scar.

I spent 9 months after procedure putting silver sulfadine cream on the lesions and covering with bandages. It has now been one year. Not only do I have the scars/lesions, but the bruising from the other veins that were treated haven't diminished.

Should he have used something else to find the veins? Is this the most appropriate way to treat the scarring? Could I sue for a botched job?

Auriderm and Tazarac

+1

This most likely is due to hemosiderin deposition. Usually the body will absorb this over time, but obviously this has not been the case in your situation.

I would recommend a combination of Auriderm and Tazarac cream. Please be aware Tazarac is a Category X and should not be used if there is a chance you might become pregnant.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist