Best Laser for Venous Lake Treatment?

I have a somewhat large venous lake on my lower lip. I saw two dermotologists who confirm the diagnosis. One wanted to cut, then scrape it out. The other suggested laser. I read that laser removal is the preferred over basically 'scraping it out'.

Is there a specific type of laser to use?

Laser for venous lake

I like lasers for treating venous lakes. There are several lasers that would work. Since a venous lake is a rather large vascular growth, lasers with longer wavelengths, for example the Nd:YAG 1064 laser would be my choice although a v-beam/pulsed dye laser, diode or IPL/fotofacial device would probably work. You may need more than a single treatment.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Treatment for venous lake of the lips

Venous lakes are treated with long pulse 532 or 1064 nm lasers. 

More than one session will be necessary and likelihood for recurrence in the future requiring maintenance treatment. 

I like to use lasers to treat Venous Lakes

There are two types of lasers that I like to use to treat Venous Lakes. If it is a deep Venous Lake ie blue and thicker the Gentlelase would be the preferred method. If it is red then I like to use the Vbeam laser. Multiple treatments are sometimes necessary.

Sue Ellen Cox, MD
Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon