Scarless Breast Liposuction - Insurance Coverage

Having Scarless Liposuction of Breast Which Insurance Will Cover but I'm Also Having Liposuction of Upper & Lower Abs. Should I be charged twice for the facility & anesthesiologist?

Insurance coverage of liposuction breast reduction

+1

I would want to be certain that the breast reduction is covered by your insurance. Almost all insurance companies clearly state that breast reduction using liposuction is not covered. If it is indeed covered, the additional liposuction procedures will not. At the hospital that I use, the OR and anesthesia fees for the additional procedures would be charged to you and are often paid prior to the procedure. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and covered procedures

+1

If you are having liposuction of the breasts and that is somehow covered by your medicl insurance, at least in the hospital I use, they will charge you for the procedure that is not covered, whcih is only fair.

Insurance and breast liposuction; also having cosmetic liposuction elsewhere.

+1

Frankly, you are fortunate to have been able to obtain coverage for breast reduction via liposuction, since most insurance carriers would consider this "experimental" or not-covered. If, however, your surgeon is removing at least the insurance-mandated amount of breast tissue, then this could potentially be insurance-covered. Good for you!

But any cosmetic portion (the liposuction of the abdomen) of your procedure is NOT covered by your insurance, and you will be responsible for that portion of your operating room, anesthesia, and other charges NOT explicitly related to the breast reduction portion. This would be considered the "cosmetic" portion of your billings, whereas insurance will cover only the "breast" portion of your charges. This may seem like two bills, but in fact it is divided by responsibility for payment. Gone are the days when a woman could have a 30 minute tubal ligation, for example, under general anesthesia, and then pay her plastic surgeon to perform a 2 or 3 hour tummy tuck and get her insurance carrier to cover the entire anesthesia and OR costs.

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/html/liposuction.html

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast liposuction and insurance

+1

Are you absolutely sure that your insurance will cover any part of breast liposuction???  I strongly advise you to check on it because I would doubt that!

Liposuction

+1

The insurance reimbursement will cover for the insurance part only, whereas, the cosmetic portion is covered by you.  This can get tricky, but normally, this is how I do it.