Scar Within Forehead Wrinkle -- How to Remove It and Remove Wrinkle? (photo)

I had an acne flair up about 8 months ago, including two spots right next to each other in my horizontal forehead wrinkle. Now, it looks like one long scar. Unfortunately, this long scar has really emphasized my horizontal forehead wrinkle in one area. I tried Botox a few years ago for my forehead wrinkle, but it made my eyes droop, and unfortunately, emphasized my uneven eyebrows. I have tried a photofacial and microneedling. What can I do to help my indented scar and forehead wrinkle?

Forehead scar

+2

I think it would be helpful to see how your forehead looks when it's relaxed also.  Botox should be able to be used without making your eyebrows droop, so that is one option.  Fillers can sometimes help, but I think they don't work as well on the forehead as they do on the lower part of the face.  Another option would be a surgical scar revision.  Since the scar is already in your forehead crease, it may be possible to surgically improve the scar and make it less noticeable.    

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Scar Within Wrinkle

+2

I am sorry you had a bad experience with Botox. That is unfortunate because I think Botox, when injected properly without affecting your eyebrows, would relax the wrinkle line and also the scar.  If there is a true indentation there, injectable filler may improve it nicely. Silicone is a great filler for indentations and scars because it is very precise and also permanent. You do not have to live with this scar.

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Remove Forehead Wrinkle

+1

When administered correctly, Botox should not cause ptosis or drooping eyebrows. Unfortunately, if too much is used or it’s injected into the wrong place, these types of results can occur. If you’d rather not give Botox another try, a hyaluronc acid filler like Belotero can fill the scar and smooth out the forehead wrinkle. Results with fillers last anywhere from 3 to 12 months depending on which one you choose and how much is injected.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon