Is This Scar Tissue from the Rhinoplasty?

Hi! I had my rhinoplasty done in Turkey and I'm currently 8 month post-op. The last 2 month I've had problems breathing with my left nostril. I thought it was because of swelling but just realized I got a hard bump inside my left nostril. I'm overall happy with the results except the bump makes my left wing stand out more and it's hard to breath. What's your guess about this bump? Scar tissue, cartilage or even a polyp? Should I wait a few month before contacting a PS? Thank you!

Scar Tissue from Rhinoplasty

+2

The picture you submitted does show the fullness you describe which may be scar tissue because it is located where an incision is frequently made during rhinoplasty surgery. However, you need an examination by your surgeon to determine if this is the cause of your breathing obstruction.

Lump inside nose after Rhinoplasty

+2

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and I'd be concerned that this lump wasn't a furuncle or localised abcess inside the nose.  You should have the surgeon or an ENT surgeon examine the nose and make further recommendations.  This is not normal post Rhinoplasty healing.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Bump inside nose and trouble breathing.

+2

Bump inside nose and trouble breathing may be related to the bump. See your surgeon to examine this and find out the cause.

Breathing problems after rhinoplasty

+2

Great you like the look, though the breathing problem may be caused by the septum, or by displacement of the cartilage in the bridge or tip of the nose. Your surgeon may have an idea for you, or you could see a surgeon locally to help sort tings out.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

+2

Should consult with your surgeon. He is the best person to give you an accurate diagnosis. We can only guess as to its nature. It can be cartilage, scar or granuloma.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

8 months post rhinoplasty bump

+2

From the pictures you sent, it looks to me that the bump is scar tissue. It appropriate for you to seek consultation at this point. Also i doubt that your bump is the cause of your breathing issue.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Trouble breathing after rhinoplasty

+2

From your pictures it appears that the mass is either scar tissue or a displaced cartilage.  You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Breathing problems after rhinoplasty

+2

The enlarged area in your left nostril is the end of the cartilage rotating into the nose.  The reason why this happened is that the surgery placed tension on the cartilage.  It is unlikely to correct on its own but it can be fixed.  Try and find someone that specializes in revision rhinoplasty for the correction.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative Scar Tissue and Rhinoplasty

+2

After a rhinoplasty, at the end of the operation, it is highly important to be technically meticulous in the closure of the internal incisions.  If this are is closed inappropriately, you can develop an extra fullness around the scar or even a shelf-like drop off and both the internal and external valve of the nostril can collapse causing breathing obstruction.  From the photos submitted this could also represent an obstructed gland creating swelling at the incision site and the same result occurs.

As you are now 8 months postop and beginning to struggle with this finding I would recommend evaluation by a Board certified specialist and consider a steroid or kenalog injection at this time if this represents scar tissue and possible excision if a cyst is encountered.  No revision of the result of the overall nose should be considered until you truly are at the 12 month mark.  So feel comfortable that you will retain the nice result already in existence. Typically, kenalog injections separated out monthly for a total of 3 injections is reasonable to determine if this conservative approach will help improve your breathing.

If at the 1 year mark you continue to struggle, an in-office procedure, to reduce and revise the singular scar is all you would likely need to maintain and improve your breathing and again, maintain the cosmetic result.

Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon