Scar Tissue After Gynecomastia Surgery- Do I Need A Revision?

I had my surgery last June with liposuction. I was warned before hand about scar tissue development so I wasnt worried about it when I got the lumps afterwards. However, as time has gone by and plenty of massaging of the area, the scar tissue has not yet broken down and still remains. Its been 14 months, and my doctor has suggested a revision surgery to remove the scar tissue, but this will only increase the chances of it returning! My right side has a huge lump, left is flatter but also has it!

Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

Hi tomjohnson,

Thanks for the post and photo. At 14 months you will not see any further improvement in your chest. Based on the photo the right outer lower chest shows fullness. This can only be treated with another surgery.

The main question is whether you initially had a flat appearance to the chest and then developed the fullness or if it was full from the first day after surgery. If it was full right after surgery then it's likely not scar tissue, but rather residual breast tissue that would not have been removed with a liposuction technique. If the chest was originally flat after surgery then developed the lumps then it is likely scar tissue.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand