Is It Okay to Donate Plasma After Surgery Such As Cheek Implant or Anything Non Implant Related?

the plasma center said that it's okay but i'm worried that it may increase the chances of infection or weaken the immune system or do anything detrimental to alter any ideal results. i will be asking the doctor of course as well but your opinion is highly valued as well

Blood Donation After Facial Surgery

+1

There is no medical evidence that suggests that any type of blood donation after having any form of facial surgery, including cheek implants, places it at an increased risk for postoperative problems.

+1

I am not aware of any cases in which donating plasma after a facial implant procedure created any issues. I would, however, definitely direct this question to your chosen plastic surgeon to obtain their advice. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Plasma donation after cosmetic surgery

+1

It is certainly acceptable to donate plasma after a minor surgical procedure. Probably best to wait a month until after a major procedure.

Donating plasma after cheek implants or fillers

+1

There would be no problem in donating plasma after surgery like cheek or other implants, or fillers or Botox. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon