Uneven swelling 5 days after lip injection. Is this normal? (photos)

I had juvederm put in my lips Wednesday, 5 days ago, and I still have uneven swelling. I can't tell if it's swelling or product or a hemotoma. Is there a way of knowing or should I wait two full weeks.

Swelling after Juvederm that is uneven

+3
It is very likely that this will improve a lot with another week of waiting. if it persists, you can get a tiny amount of hyaluronidase injected to one side. Do not press on it or massage it, for best results.

Lips very uneven after Juvederm

+1
Swelling is always uneven, but yours is more uneven than I'd say is common. However, I wouldn't recommend you do anything until the full two weeks has passed. Don't press on it. If you do have product or a hematoma there that's only going to make both of those things worse. Keep your hands away from the area and return to your injector in about a week. That way everything that can, will resolve by that point, and you can see what is left to deal with, if anything.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Swelling after juvederm

+1
You are pretty asymmetric at this point.  Were you bruised post injection?  This swelling could represent a small hematoma in the lip.  If it is, you should notice gradual improvement every day.  If it persists,  you will need to see you doctor to have it evened out with either more juvederm or some hyaluronidase.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lips

+1
You will need to wait. However go back to your doctor and show him what has happened. Unequal swelling can often occur but usually evens out in a few days if it is only injection swelling

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Juvederm to lips

+1
After having Juvedrem injections to the lips, it is common to have some uneven or lumpy bumpy texture until the product has "settled in".  Different injection techniques are more likely than others to have this happen.  For right now I would give this a little bit of time. Once the initial swelling has settled then consider having another evaluation to determine the best way to proceed

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon