Chances of Organs Being Punctured During Lipo?

I am very concerned with this risk. The surgeon who did my breast aug ( my sx came out to b excellent) he killed someone bc he punctures the girls aorta during surgery in April 2011, I am scheduled for a butt lift August 2013 and bc I am so paranoid about this happening to me I'm refusing to get my stomach liposuctioned for the butt lift. How often does this happen the videos on YouTube scare me bc of how fast they poke around, I am going with dr Moises salama btw has he ever done that?

+2

The risk for puncture is very, very small, and I have not seen it.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Puncturing Intraabdominal Organs during Liposuction Surgery?

+1

Although I cannot give you specific advice without knowing much more information about your situation, I can tell you that puncturing an intra-abdominal organ ( although possible)  is a very unusual complication with liposuction surgery.

Do your due diligence carefully in the selection of plastic surgeon  and much more likely than not  you will do well with procedures performed. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/

Organ Puncture with Liposuction

+1

When done correctly, the non-dominant hand is always feeling where the canula is. Therefore, I find it inconceivable that an organ could be punctured during Liposuction, although it is a recognized complication. I personally know of two cases, both by non-board certified Plastic Surgeons with minimal training in the procedure. I cannot answer your question about the specific surgeon other than to say that the only board certified Plastic Surgeon member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons with that name practices in Florida. Ask your questions to whomever you plan to have do the surgery and make sure that they have hospital admission privileges and that the procedure will be performed in a certified operating room. If there is a problem, this assures that you will have the best chance of a good result.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon