What's the Best Treatment for Sagging Skin on my Knees?

Is there anything out there to help this problem? I hate when I wear shorts or a skirt and look down at my sagging skin on my knees. Is there anyway to tighten this skin up? age 57

Sagging Knee Skin Tightening

Fortunately there is a great minimally invasive treatment for sagging skin on the knees and elbows. It is called ThermiTight. The procedure performed in the office under local anesthesia. Patients can 

Thermi is injectable energy which is placed directly under the skin, in contrast to procedures like Ulthera and Thermage. This allows more precise tightening in exactly the right areas. Thermi is different in that it uses infrared cameras to heat the tissues to the exact proper temperature, so there is no guesswork.

Patients have some swelling after the procedure which usually resolves in about 7-10 days. The results are impressive. 

ThermiTight was originally designed for tightening loose neck skin, but now is being used to tighten skin all over the body, including breasts, thighs and elbows. 

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may expect modest improvement with Thermage.

Hi! This is a tough problem that we see not infrequently in our plastic surgery practice in New York City. Surgery is not an option because the scars are unacceptable.

You can try Thermage. It is safe, there is no anesthesia, no recovery period, and no scars. But you have to have very realistic expectations. We almost always see improvement, but it can be subtle.

But what I have learned is that even a little improvement here (like in the arms) makes women happy.

To get a result from Thermage, it has to be done just right, and enough energy needs to be used. So try to find a doctor with experience. The Thermage website may help.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)