Breast Sagged 3 Year After Breast Augmentation?

Hi, I got my Breast augmented 3 years ago, with Saline implants, my breast were not sagging before the surgery. I just wanted to have the bigger look.

Now 3 years later, my breast are sagging real bad and I called my Dr. and he told me that I would need a Breast lift and another implant. But the lift will leave me with an unwanted diagonal scar from the bottom of the breast to my areola.

Why this happened only 3 years later? Is this normal? I am only 22 Years old, 5'10", 132 lbs. I went from B to a large C.

Sagging breasts 3 years after breast augmentation

+1

Although it is hard to comment without photos, I agree with my colleagues.  You probably had sagging breasts or loose skin prior to your breast augmenation.  Unless you had a large weight fluctuation, it is not likely that you breasts would sag 3 years after breast augmentation.  Often times, patients ask large implants to just fill the loose skin.  It is better to have appropriate sized-implants with lift than large implants to avoid lift.  Th scars on breasts normally heal very well.

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com

Sagging of breasts soon after breast augmentation

+1

This is difficult to explain and Ihave no specific answer for why you would observe rapid swelling and ptosis in a milld breast enlargement

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Breast Lift could have been helpful

+1

You probably were in the condition that a breast lift in your first operation could have been helpful. Was this discussed at all?

I discuss this with some patients who indicate that they do not want the lift and may opt to go without it. I will discuss it before surgery when it seems indicated however just to be complete.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

I agree with Dr. Edwards

+1

Unless you had children or significant weight gain and loss in the meantime, the only way I can imagine your needing a breast lift now is that you probably needed one in the first place. If you go back to your original preop photos, your nipple areola complexes were probably lower than ideal and the doctor tried to get by without the lift then. Your current implants haven't caused you to need a lift, it comes from laxity of the tissues.

The scars are necessary to get the best shape and they improve with time.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

You may have needed a lift in the first place

+1

Depending on your natural breast tissue laxity you may have benefitted from a breast lift with your first augmentation. I have cared for 18-20 year old women who had not had children who needed a lift with augmentation simply because of their anatomy. In somone who did not need a lift to start with and did not have large implants, it would be unusual to need a mastopexy only 3 years post-op.

Dr Edwards

Web reference: http://medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html

A photo would be helpful

+1

Perhaps you could provide a picture as the degree of ptosis, "sag" as it were is variable. Sometimes confining the scar to around the areola is possible, sometimes not. Here again all would depend on the type of problem that you have.

As far as sagging after mammary augmentation, yes implants react to gravity as do the breasts themselves. Sometimes, though, the breast tissue drops over the implant and creates a "snoopy" look. A breast lift would still be possible although, implant exchange not necessarily mandatory.

Hope this helps!