Left Breast Bigger Than the Right After Breast Augmentation?

I am currently 2 weeks and 2 days post op Breast implants. Went from an A/B to now? 330cc rt 340cc lt, mentor mod plus smooth submuscular.

I am softening in both but left breast that started out smaller with natural breast is now 1/2 cup size bigger than the right, since day 1. I know he put 10cc more because it was a smaller breast but why so much bigger? Also now for two days I'm getting a rubbing and sticking kinda feeling in rt breast, and I can feel implant laterally and it's wrinkly.

It takes time to fully heal

+2

Your plastic surgeon had the best idea of what your long term result would look like while placing your implants at the time of surgery because your muscles were relaxed while you were under anesthesia. It is not uncommon to place different volumes within reason to try to improve symmetry. Regards the other feelings you are having it would be best to discuss those with your plastic surgeon since you are so close to surgery. Best of luck.

Dr Edwards

Web reference: http://www.medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html

Breast Augmentation final results may take months

+2

It can often take several months after breast augmentation before you reach your final result. Swelling is common and will frequently be asymmetrical.

Also, when implants are placed in a submuscular pocket, they may temporarily appear high and unnatural until the pectoralis muscle stretches to accommodate the new implant. This process may take months, and can also be asymmetrical, especially if the muscle on the dominant side of the body is thicker.

In terms of the amount of fluid in the implants, it is highly unlikely that a 10ml (10cc) difference between implants would give a visible difference in breast size. Bear in mind that 10cc is equivalent to 2 teaspoons, so chances are it would hardly be noticeable since that breast was smaller to start with.

Most likely the visible difference at this early stage of healing is due to swelling and/or muscle tightness. This sort of temporary distortion should resolve over time.

I also instruct my patients in massage of the implants to promote stretching of the inner and lower pectoralis muscle, allowing the implant to drop into position sooner.

As for the wrinkly feeling you are noticing at the right breast, that may be due to some rippling of the saline implant shell. Since that implant was filled with less saline, it may exhibit more rippling than the left side.

The pectoralis muscle coverage at the lower lateral part of the implant is thinner, so it is more likely that you will notice rippling in that area.

The rippling itself is nothing to worry about unless it ultimately becomes highly visible. Usually the rippling is not seen unless you are very thin and have very little overlying tissue.

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post surgery

+1

At two weeks out from surgery your breast implants still have not settled. It is going to take a few more weeks for swelling, for them to soften and take shape. A 10cc difference should not make a 1/2 cup size difference at all. I would wait it out a few months.

Web reference: http://www.drfiorillo.com/breast/breast-augmentation/

Asymmetry after breast augmenation

+1

2 weeks and 2 days is too early to determine the symmetry.  Especially when the implants are placed in submuscular plane, it takes time for the muscle to relax around the implants.  Often times, the rate of muscle relaxation and swelling varies from one side to another.  If your left breast was slightly smaller than the right side, overfilling by 10cc should not make 1/2 cup size difference.  If you are worried, please talk with your plastic surgeon and share your concern.  In addition, the "rubbing, sticking" sensation laterally may be due to rippling of the implants.

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsugery.com

Breasts still unevern after breast implant augmentation

+1

This is far too early post op to be judging the results of the surgery.Swelling and asymmetry may be more prominent for the first 6-9 months. Hold off on judging your final result.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

It is early after breast augmentation

+1

Early on it takes time for the tissue around the implants to stretch and there is swelling too. The size and shape you see now should change quite a bit over the next few months. See if your surgeon has any recommendations (like massage) to help things along.

Orange Plastic Surgeon