Is it safe to have Botox if you have SLE?

Botox and SLE

+1
I concur with Dr Green, discuss your desire to have Botox treatment with your rheumatologist. I am not aware of any contraindications for patients with autoimmune conditions.

Torrance Dermatologist

Botox and SLE

+1
I would consult with your rheumatologist who is treating and following your for SLE.  Provided you have no neurologic symptoms they will probably give you the medical clearance to have Botox.  Again, I would consult with your treating physician before having injections.

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox for patients with lupus (SLE)

+1
There should be no problem injecting botulinum toxin (BOTOX) into a person who has systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

SLE/Lupus - Safe to have Botox

+1
There should be no problem getting Botox if you have SLE.  Mainly neurologic diseases are what you have to be careful with like MS or ALS.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

+1
There is no contraindication to Botox treatment in patients with SLE. With that said, you should discuss your medical history with your physician injector to ensure that you are a good candidate. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon 

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is safe for people with SLE...

+1
botox works on the muscles and has nothing to do with the underlying disease in SLE...assuming your disease is relatively mild or adequately controlled on medication, go for it...but if your still in the active stage and haven't gone into remission...then wait...remember, botox treatments are optional...getting lupus under control is essential

Ken Landow, MD