Can Botox be used to raise the corners of a droopy (sad) mouth?

Botox for droopy mouth

Yes, it is possible to have Botox injected into the corners of your mouth to give them a little lift. You need a very low dosage for this.

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Botox for the droopy mouth

Botox can be used for the droopy mouth by injected the DAO's.  Often Restylane can be injected into the corners of the mouth as well to lift the mouth and make the smile lines, nasolabial area, and corners of the mouth look better.  For an experienced injector please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Botox and Restyane.

Michele S. Green, MD

156 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10075

Botox to raise corners of mouth

Botox indeed can be used to lift the corners of the mouth, typically about 4units per side into the depressor anguli oris(DAO), although sometimes a filler will be needed in addition.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

4256 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M3H 5Y8

Botox for Droopy Mouth Corners

Yes, Botox injections can be used to treat droopy mouth corners. Hyperactivity of the depressor anguli oris muscle, which controls the action of frowning, can cause the corners of the mouth to become continuously turned down. Botox can be injected to relax the depressor anguli oris muscle, thereby freeing the corners of the mouth to return to a more level appearance.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

9339 Genesee Avenue
San Diego, CA 92121

Botox can help raise the corner of the mouth to a degree.   The Botox is artfully injected into the depressor anguli oris which is the muscle that pulls the corner down.   This must be carefully worked out for each patient because the smile can be affected adversely.  The mouth corner severely pulled down will only be helped a little.   Surgery or fillers may be a partial answer also.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

1515 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306

Botox for sad mouth

Botox has been used in the lips and corners of the mouth.However,in my opinion, if used in these areas it needs to be done very carefully and by someone with a large experience in this area.Injection in the wrong spot or wrong dose can lead to a crooked smile if performed by the casual injector.Sometimes, the use of a well placed "filler" for this problem is a bit safer.

Robert Savage, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

332 Washington Street
Wellesley, MA 02481

Depending upon the severity of the droop, Botox can work very nicely for lifting and shaping the corners of the mouth. Injections are placed in the DAO muscle. This is a less common area for inexperienced injectors so please seek a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist injector. Improperly placed injections can temporarily affect the smile so please find an expert. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

9695 S. Yosemite Street
Lone Tree, Colorado 80124

Can Botox raise the corners of my mouth?

As the other physicians have stated, Botox can be used to raise the corner of your mouth. This is a tricky area so it is important that you consult with an experienced Botox injector who is familiar with this off label use of Botox.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

1501 Superior Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92663

Botox Is A Solution - But Investigate Your Options

Botox is one of the most commonly prescribed pharmaceuticals in the world and YES, it may be used (off label) to minimize lines at the mouth. It's good that you are investigating options on Real Self, but I strongly urge to schedule personal consultation at a board-certified plastic surgery practice to really understand your options and get the result you want. As an example, Voluma (in the Juvéderm family of products) is recently FDA approved. This dermal filler is especially for cheeks. You may find that plumping up your cheeks with Voluma injections may raise your droopy mouth and - dare I say it? - put a smile on your face.

My point simply is do your homework and consult with an expert to find the right solution for you. Good luck to you!

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

8712 Lindholm Drive
Huntersville, NC 28078

Botox for a droopy mouth

Botox is used off-label to help elevate the corners of a droopy mouth.  Please consult an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon for this treatment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

1849 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4S 1Y2