Can Saddlebag Lipo Cause Butt Drooping?

I am a fairly skinny girl, but with outer thighs that stick out more than my hips. I want them removed, but I am afraid that it will make my butt sag. I already have a long butt.

Butt sagging

+3

Carefully executed liposucion to the saddlebag areas shoud not cause butt sagging, especially if you are relatively young. Liposuction to the crease beneath the buttock or to the buttock itself may result in sagging and loss of shape of the buttock area.

Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Thigh Liposuction does NOT cause Butt Sagging

+2

Regarding: "Can Saddlebag Lipo Cause Butt Drooping?
I am a fairly skinny girl, but with outer thighs that stick out more than my hips. I want them removed, but I am afraid that it will make my butt sag. I already have a long butt
"

Liposuction of the outer thigh will NOT cause sagging of the buttocks but liposuction of the area just under the buttock, the so called banana roll (which you do NOT have) may cause butt sagging.

On a personal note, I have NO idea why in the name of God you feel that you even need liposuction of ANY of the areas shown on the photograph. You have as close to a PERFECT figure as I have ever seen. You do NOT have saddlebags and I do not see any areas which could be improved by liposuction. Put another way, any liposuction in you may actually make things much worse and irreversible.

If you keep asking for an operation, someone may oblige you and operate on you. That would be a shame. Because Plastic Surgery is NOT like a website page. You cannot click the return arrow and get the starting figure.

Don't do it.

Dr. Peter Aldea 

Saddlebag liposuctions do great and do not cause the butt to sag.

+1

Liposuction of the outer thighs do great and don't cause sagging of the buttocks.  It is done under local anesthesia with a quick recovery and back to work in 2 days and working out in 1 week at a rough cost of $4000.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of outer thighs will not change buttocks.

+1

Hi.

Liposuction is like sculpture, and a good eye and good technique are very important. Only liposuction of the buttocks themselves will cause them to droop.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

The sagging butt or "wet diaper" look following liposuction of the buttock, saddlebag or thigh

+1

Generally speaking, liposuction of the other one third of the thigh should not cause buttock ptosis. I would tend to use small cannulae to minimize the potential for irregularities. Caution is recommended in liposuction to the central one third of the thigh or the "banana roll" (the infragluteal crease) in order to avid the potential for the "wet diaper" look

Liposuction of the outer thighs does not drop the buttock

+1

Comments can not be made accurately from a photograph without examining you and determining the excess fat compartments. Your right foot is so extended and your body turned that the hip, thigh and buttock complex changes shape because of their interaction. Regardless, when a patient does have excess fat in the outer thigh, or saddlebags, liposuction confined to this area won't drop the buttock. If, however, the posterior thigh under the buttock has fat removed, then a banana roll can occur, and worse, the buttock may droop.

Ronald Shelton, MD

First, thanks for the photo!

+1

Speaking professionally, of course, you have a smoking hot body.  That means that is whatever you do, you need to be improved and the target for that improvement is small, very small.  

Finding a surgeon who gets this may be remarkably difficult.  Board certification in Plastic Surgery does not guarantee that the surgeon understands what you are looking for.  You need someone who gets it and listens.  You need a tiny body shaping.  You should seriously consider finding a cosmetic dermatologist known for their finesse rather than seeing doctors who focus more on large volume liposuction.  I am thinking of someone like Rhona Narins, M.D. in New York.  A dermatologist is more likely to do this type of procedure under local so less risk of dying from an anesthesia complication compared to a general anesthesia and a much faster recovery.

You do have fullness in your banana roll.  It is sometimes tempting to ask for liposuction of this area.  While this will is unlikely to collapse your buttocks, it can change the skin crease under the tush.  For someone who features themselves in a bathing suit or less, that can be a profound source of unhappiness.  Good luck.

Liposuction for the thighs or saddle bags works very well

+1

Liposuction of the thighs (saddle bag) areas should not really have an effect on your buttocks.  As long as your plastic surgeon focuses only on the thigh region, you shouldb be okay.  Any liposuction around the buttock region will most likely change the contour and appearance of your buttocks, so make sure you relay the message to your plastic surgeon that you don't want any liposuction here.  All in all, the saddle bags region of the out thighs responds very well to liposuction.  The procedure can be done as an outpatient with minimal discomfort.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Liposuction of saddle bags

+1

Liposuction of the saddle bags should not cause the buttock to sag.  Actual liposuction of the buttocks can cause it.

Liposuction of the saddlebags only

+1

It is possible to get some droop of the buttock with liposuction of the saddlebag or side of the hip if  the liposuction is carried into the fold where the buttock joins with the thigh. The deeper fold will define the shape of the buttock, though the 'smile of the deeper fold can be aging and give the impression that the buttock is drooping. Liposuction should be confined to the saddlebag only to avoid the risk.

peterejohnsonmd