Do the Rubber Bands and Invisalign Work for Correcting the Bite?

My daughter is 15 and needs braces. According to reports she has 4mm of upper crowding and about the right amount of space for the teeth in the lower arch. There is moderate "overbite". Our question is: will the invisalign with attached rubber bands (for the bite) work in this situation? I understand this is a new process and am wondering if it would be worth the try?

Invisalign and rubber bands work together for bite correction.

+3

Invisalign aligners straighten individual tooth position while rubber bands stretched between upper and lower aligners change the bite posiiton. Use of rubber bands with aligners makes it possible to correct much more complicated bite problems than can be accomplished with aligners alone.

Mercer Island Orthodontist

Invisalign and Rubber Bands are now a great combination!

+3

Initially when the bite was off as you described, Invisalign corrected the bite without rubber bands using a much more complex and longer treatment.  Now with rubber bands corrections can be much more effective in treating these types of problems.  Rubber bands have been worn for decades with traditional braces.  They now are being worn very successfully with Invisalign and Invisalign Teen.  Go for it!  Your daughter will love the Invisalign Teen experience.

Denver Orthodontist

Invisalign with rubberbands to correct crowding and moderate overbite

+2

Invisalign and rubberbands can be used with great success to correct both the crowding and the bite in teenagers. The alternative of having to go into braces is a great motivator to ensure fabulous compliance in our teen patients.

Besides comfort and appearance there are a few other advantages of Invisalign over braces:

• much better access for oral hygiene
  • healthier gums during treatment
  • decreased risk of decalcification stains on the teeth
  • shorter appointments and fewer emergency visits

The range of teen patients that can be treated with Invisalign is expanding more and more thanks to constant innovation of the Invisalign appliance.

San Ramon Orthodontist

Absolutely

+2

Yes, actually Invisalign has the advantage over regular braces in that you can start wearing elastics earlier with Invisalign than you can with braces. With braces you have to wait until you can place stronger wires to wear elastics. With Invisalign you can start right away.

Encino Orthodontist

Rubber Bands and Invisalign Work for Correcting the Bite

+2

Rubber bands are sometimes are necessary to correct a bite! They can be worn directly on the aligners, the teeth or a combination of both

Springfield Orthodontist

Invisalign is also good for correcting a bad bite.

+2

The answer is that Invisalign can be excellent at correctng a situation like your describe, but it is important to find a dentist who feels comfortable with this and who has had significant experience with Invisalign.  

Wilton Cosmetic Dentist

Rubber bands & Invisalign

+2

Yes, it will be worth trying this combination, Invisalign and rubber bands.
Thank you,
Dr. Barba

Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign vs Braces for a teen

+2

Personally, I would choose braces for my child. For some teens braces are cool, and a sign of status. What I mean is so many teens are getting them that it is so very normal to have them. Doing a treatment like this would be more complex and you should do it with a very experienced dentist or an orthodontist.  If you go with an orthodontist, it will probably cost them less to do regular braces so you may save in the long run, and it is sometimes easier for them to make the final finishing touches. Good luck with your decision.

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign will work for this case..

+2

I dont think 4mm of crowding is a lot. Sometimes we can sand between the teeth on the upper and pull the teeth back far enough to correct the overjet without any elastics or rubber bands. Rubber bands are not new for invisalign but they are now assisting us with them during the manufacturing process.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign® with rubber bands is effective

+2

Rubber band usage with Invisalign® is not new, but is complex.  For this reason, Orthodontists or general dentists with lots of experience should be the only ones taking on a case like this.

Principles for moving teeth are the same, whether with clear aligners or with brackets and wires.  Forces are put on teeth and they move.  Invisalign works best on pushing forces, so while elastics CAN work, they will make the case take longer.

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist