Can Invisalign Correct Tilting Back of Top Teeth and Overbite Problem?

36 year old female, class II. Overbite & top teeth appear straight(ish) but tilt back, giving my teeth a "square" look. I have small fractures in my front teeth and chips on the biting edges of my top and bottom front teeth. Top front teeth are translucent on the very bottom, due to wearing on the back of them. Ortho says he can fix the tilt and bite with invisalign and elastics. If no elastics, he says he can only fix the tilt & I will appear buck-toothed. Is he right? It's $6800!

Invisalign can help this problem in the right hands.

+1

If you go to an Invisalign provider that has done many cases like this then I would think that is the best route to go. We dont have much to go on without some pictures and bite assesment of your teeth. Im NOT sure that your Orthodontist is correct at all. Try to find a  Premier povider in your area,,they are experts in area of Invisalign and sometimes orthodontists are not as comforable doing Invisalign as opposed to traditional braces..

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign

+1

Invisalign can treat those malpositions up to one point.

In cases of heavy overbite  I would recommend the traditional braces.

Dr Barba

Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign for tilted back teeth

+1

Invisalign can be used for your situation, but conventional orthodontics as you have been recommended is a better approach. You mention chipping and translucent teeth indicating wear or erosion that has occurred. Be prepared for some esthetic dentistry after the orthodontics to complete the case.

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Your orthodontist is correct

+1
Hi! I completely agree with your orthodontist and his treatment plan for your diagnosis. Aligning the teeth and putting them in their proper inclination should take less time than aligning them and correcting the bite. The fee, given the severity of your case and longer than average treatment time, is very reasonable.
New York Orthodontist