Help Me Please, my Eyes Look Much Worst After a Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I'am italian and I live in Roma. I am 55 years old. My beauty strenght were the eyes, and so I decide on March 28th 2013, two mounths ago, to have a complete blefaroplastic surgery to refresh the look. Now I'am disperate my eyes are down and make my look sad, It's like the eyebrown, now, are lower and puffy, I have scar, and no impruvement at all. Sorry for my English, it's better I send pictures. Before (Prima in Italian) and After (Dopo in Italian). Thanks for your help Best Regards

Help Me Please, my Eyes Look Much Worst After a Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty?

+2

Thankyou for posting the series of photos. In my opinion you are healing a bit slowly but the upper lids appear as a good result with some residual swelling. The lower lids demonstrate lateral scleral show but this will resolve over the next few months. As for the tear troughs, I might fill with an HA injection. BTW you are ONLY 7 weeks post op. Question I have are/were you a smoker? Just a feeling I have. 

Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty

+2

Allow 6-9 months for swelling to go down and if you are still unhappy, there other things that can be done such as fillers or fat transfer to further improve the result. Send us a picture in 6 months. 

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early results from blepharoplasty

+2

I believe the photos you sent were from one month post op.  This looks to be in the normal range for post operative healing. You are early in your post operative course.  It takes months until the final results are seen.  Please do tell your plastic surgeon your concerns.  They will help you get through the process.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/blepharoplasty-eyelift

+2

The preoperative picture with makeup is not really a fair comparison to the photos in the early postoperative period.  You will need several months to make more of a comparison.  If you need a revision, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial and eyelid surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Upper-and-Lower-Eyelids.php

Blepharoplasty at two months

+2

Ciao Bella!  Your eyes are still healing and need time to settle down. You did not really describe your problem so it is difficult to comment.

Fat transfer for sad eyes

+2

The sadness in your eyes is because they are now hollow, all of the fat that was around them has been removed.  It is like taking the frame away from a picture.  Your prima photo shows how pretty your eyes are with a a beautiful full frame.  This can be corrected with a fat transfer.  It is important that you use a surgeon who has a very large experience with this type of surgery.

Highland Park Facial Plastic Surgeon

Well, you are exactly right.

+2

Pathetically, your surgeon is probably very proud of the result and thinks you are crazy.  In the before photo, you have a beautiful full subbrow area.  Unfortunately this fold of tissue is targeted by surgeons who have been commonly but incorrectly trained to excise as much of this tissue as possible with upper blepharoplasty.  This robs you of your natural fullness here which is a highly under appreciated area the contributes to a more youthful eye appearance.  In the before photo, to compensate for the heavy upper eyelid fold, you compensate by holding the brows up (we do this without thinking about it).  When the fold is removed, the brows fall creating a cross (as in angry) look.  The lower eyelid surgery has hollowed the lower eyelid.  There are things that can be done to soften the effects of this surgery but you won't find this type of help anywhere in Europe.  I recommend that you allow yourself to heal for at least 6 months before deciding how to proceed next.  Unfortunately it will be very difficult ( most likely impossible) for your surgeon to understand what you don't like about the surgery.  It is my experience that the original surgeon is too invested in the surgery to see the forest for the trees.

TOUCH UP LOWER LIDS byVillar

+2

There are three fat pads in the lower lid.  You had adequate removal of the medial and middle fat but the lateral fat pads are full and accentuated by the removal of the other two. This can be fixed with some further removal of the lateral fat pads.  But wait a few months for the tissues to soften and become mobile for best results.  As we age, the fullness of the cheeks begins to sag leaving a hollow between the lower lids and the cheek.  This can be addressed when one has a facelift, or with fillers or fat grafting if you are not ready for a facelift. Best wishes. Knowledge is power.  Luis F. Villar MD FACS

Web reference: http://www.youtube.com/VillarPlasticSurgery