Is Pain Due to Rip in Pocket of Breast Implant Under the Muscle?

I had silicone implants put in under the muscle six months ago. I fear i may have damaged the pocket on the left by overexerting myself one month after surgery. There has been some pain there ever since that comes and goes. It feels like the implant may be protruding slightly at bottom on that side.

Is Pain Due to Rip in Pocket of Breast Implant Under the Muscle

+1

Is Pain Due to Rip in Pocket of Breast Implant Under the Muscle? If a capsular repair was performed, it is possible that you may disrupted the repair resulting in pain and a lower implant. Discuss with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Pain is UNLIKELY to be due to a Breast Implant Pocket Tear

+1

Every implant placed in the body (pacemaker, shunt, breast implant etc) is soon covered with a thin soft scar cocoon called a capsule. In most women the capsules remain invisible and hard to feel. In up to 15% the capsules thicken and constrict the breasts, becoming a capsular contracture.

It is extremely unlikely that "overexerting " yourself, caused a tear of this capsule. The symptomatic capsule tear we used to see in the bad old days used to be the result of performing closed capsulotomies - trying to break a capsular contracture WITHOUT surgery by forcefully squeezing the breast until the scar pocket cracked. No one should be doing this "procedure" these days.

See your surgeon and see what he says. If I had to guess, I think there is a different explanation for your discomfort than a capsular tear.

Pain in breast

+1

Difficult to say without examining you.  Pain can be from so many different sources. It is  best to go see your doctor to be evaluated.