How Can I Get Rid of White Scar Tissue on my Lip? (photo)

Hi, A couple of years ago I bit my lip really hard and it has left me with white scar tissue when I smile. When I am not smiling I have a deep line where the scar is. Although I have other lines on my lip I feel this one shows as it is very deep. What can be done about this? Many thanks

White scar tissue on the lip; what can i do?

+2

You are lucky because the scar is small and does not cross over the vermillion border (red line) of the lip. This is really important because you can have a small scar revision to remove the old scar and line up the red area of the "wet" lip.  This should look really nice and can be done by any board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

LIp scar on the lower lip

+1

If the scar on the lip bothers you, I would recommend surgical scar revision to remove the bad scar and attempt to improve the overall visibility of the scar.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS