Laser Hair Removal and Light Therapy?

I just had a laser hair removal treatment. Is it safe to have light therapy to treat my psoriasis?

Laser Hair Removal and Light Therapy

+1

Thank you for your question. I recommend care with a board certified dermatologist in order to  help you plan your hair removal and the light therapy in a away to maximize effectiveness, and safety. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Yes laser hair removal when you have psoriasis is very safe

+1

It is very safe to do laser hair removal when you have psoriasis.  There is no contraindication to the procedure.  Good luck with the procedure.  I love laser hair removal. Just make sure you go to a board certified dermatologist and not a spa.

Michele S. Green, MD

Skin rest after laser

+1

Any laser treatment involves certain degree of heat damage to the skin. The skin needs to rest and recover before it can handle further stress of heat. You are better off waiting for two weeks before getting light therapy for psoriasis. Otherwise you risk getting burnt.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon