Is Elos Hair Removal Safe for Patient with Breast Cancer History?

I'm 37 years old. I had breast cancer five years ago. I had lumpectomy and 11 lymphatic glands were removed, one of them was infected. I got chemotherapy treatment and radiation. Since then all my blood tests and ultrasounds were good. I want to know if I can remove my body hair permanently with elos thechnology. Thank you.

Laser Hair Removal & Breast Cancer

+1

Thank you for your question. Hair removal should be safe with the ELOS or any other hair removal laser despite your medical history. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser surgery and for the most effective and safe treatments. Also, be sure to get annual skin cancer screenings as you are at higher risk of developing melanoma with your history of breast cancer. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Laser hair removal and breast cancer

+1

While there are specific medications you should not be on while undergoing laser treatments, laser hair removal is fine to do on people with a history of breast cancer. There aren't any precautions or anything regardless of the machine used.