How Do I Get Rid of the Horizontal Crease Between my Eyes?

At the very top of my nose, between my eyes is a crease that appears as if my forehead is slipping down, which it probably is because when I put on a tight headband it lifts and softens. Would botox help with this?

Getting Rid of Horizontal Crease Between the Eyes With Botox

+1

Most of the time, wrinkles between the eyes are vertical (i.e. frown lines). However prominent horizontal lines are likely to be the result of excess activity with the proceris muscle.  Injecting Botox in this area should help.

You may still see a visible line after the Botox treatment. Botox will only address the muscle component of wrinkles. However, if the line is etched into the skin, a dermal filler might be needed to improve the appearance of this area in a more complete fashion.  

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox or Dysport or a hyaluronic acid are good options to treat crease between the eyes.

+1

The horizontal crease between the eyes is often caused my moving the facial muscles underneath the surface of the skin. A neurotoxin such as Botox or Dysport would be the best treatment for this area. These medications are injected into the muscles to relax the muscles which improves the wrinkle.  If botulinum toxin can’t be used for some reason, or isn’t enough in a particularly deep crease, use of Restylane or Juvederm there would also be appropriate.  If no injectables are desired, I have had some success with fractional radiofrequency device known as eMatrix.

Amy Forman Taub, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and the horizontal line between the brows

+1

Greetingss~

Without seeing you face to face, or a photo, it's difficult to say with any certainty if Botox will help address the crease that you're concerned about.  In some cases, when the procerus muscle between the brows is too strong, or always slightly contracted, it can cause the crease you describe and sometimes it may be a combination of that muscle and gravity and aging.  Filler can help in some cases.  For the best answer for your particular concern consider a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to review your surgical and non-surgical options.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Botox first; Fillers or CO2 resurfacing options

+1

Based on your description, and without the benefit of actually seeing the problem, Botox should be your first step.  Botox is very good for reducing lines at rest and motion in this area.

You may need a filler as well, such as Juvederm, if Botox alone is not completely effective.

To permanently decrease or eliminate persistent lines at rest, a resurfacing procedure, such as fractionated CO2 (Matrix CO2 etc), is your best option.

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Improving crease between the eyes

+1

I would probably try a little bit of botox combined with a filler such as juvederm or restylane to improve this crease. Have an experienced dermatologist treat you to minimize any potential problems.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Getting rid of wrinkles between the eyes

+1

Most likely, Botox will help reduce the appearance of the creases between your eyes. You should consult in person with a facial plastic surgeon to make sure Botox is the correct treatment. If you have more severe sagging, other treatments might be better.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Botox for horizontal nasal crease

+1

When the forehead appears to be hanging down as a shelf over the crease, Botox often helps lift the glabella and the line improves. It might be prudent to not treat the upper forehead the same day and ensure that you get a good result because treatment of the upper forehead can cause it to lower and fight against the good result that the botox glabellar treatment provides.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox for horizontal frown line.

+1

Botox to the glabellar complex will definitely help solve the problem. What you have described ("very top of my nose, between my eyes is a crease that appears as if my forehead is slipping down, when I put on a tight headband it lifts and softens") is a symptom of an over active procerus along with or without hyper-tonic corrugators. The procerus and corrugators are medial brow depressors, which means their normal action is to pull the inner end of your eyebrow inwards and downwards. Hyperactivity or hypertonicity of these muscles may actually appear pull the center of the forehead downwards and cause a stubborn looking fat horizontal crease on the nasion between the eyes! 

Keep feeling beautiful.

Niketa Sonavane, MD, MBBS
India Dermatologist

Botox and horizontal nasal crease

+1

Botox will soften wrinkles caused by muscle contraction, but not drooping skin.  If the crease is present when your face is totally relaxed, it may not change much with Botox.  It may be worth trying filler first, but this will be temporary.  The long term solution, as mentioned, would be a forehead lift. The long-term benefit to this is that the procerus and corrugator muscles can be partially of totally disabled during surgery, permanently lessening any further crease formation in this area.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox Brow Lift to treat Drooping Forehead Crease on Nose

+1

In my practice, I routinely treat the glabella and forehead together. At my practice, I sometimes perform a Botox Brow lift to treat heaviness in the brow area. When Botox or Dysport are injected, it relaxes those musles so lines on the face become less prominent, thereby lifting the brow and relieving the crease. Frown lines are caused by the corrugator and procerus muscles. The horizontal forehead lines are caused by frontalis muscle. Since, the glabellar area involves different muscles than the forehead you will not get the same effect by not treating the forehead.The most popular areas for placement include the frown lines (aka #11s), forehead lines, crow's feet lines, corners of the mouth, and underarms for sweating. 

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon