How Can I Get Rid of Dark Undereye Teartroughs? (photo)

I'm a 26 year old healthy african american male with these dark deep-wrinkled tear trough hollows. I have had them since i was a kid. I've tried a ton of anti-wrinkle creams with no success as well as natural remedies until i realized it might not just be wrinkles but more the bone/fat structure of that area. How can i get rid of these dark tear troughs? What will the procedure cost? Also what skin pigment issues should i take into consideration?

A well-performed Injectable Filler treatment may be used to improve your tear troughs.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

You appear to have deep lower eyelid grooves that may benefit from a well-performed Injectable Filler treatment. The lower eyelid area is delicate and unforgiving, so the expertise of your physician is important. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tear through deformity

+1
This problem can be improved with injectable fillers like juvederm or restylane. At your age this is the best bet. They last for at about 9 months or longer and go away with time just in case you don't like the results. Good luck, Dr Kerr

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Under eye hollowing

+1

Hollowing in this area can be treated with fillers. "You probably will not get complete resolution but you can take the edge off of this with a hyaluronic acid. My first pick for this area would be restylane. Cost will vary , especially by where you live. I my area would run 400-650 dollars. I would not be afraid of pigment issues. Should be none

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist