How Can I Get Rid of Dark Undereye Teartroughs? (photo)

I'm a 26 year old healthy african american male with these dark deep-wrinkled tear trough hollows. I have had them since i was a kid. I've tried a ton of anti-wrinkle creams with no success as well as natural remedies until i realized it might not just be wrinkles but more the bone/fat structure of that area. How can i get rid of these dark tear troughs? What will the procedure cost? Also what skin pigment issues should i take into consideration?

A well-performed Injectable Filler treatment may be used to improve your tear troughs.

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

You appear to have deep lower eyelid grooves that may benefit from a well-performed Injectable Filler treatment. The lower eyelid area is delicate and unforgiving, so the expertise of your physician is important. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tear through deformity

This problem can be improved with injectable fillers like juvederm or restylane. At your age this is the best bet. They last for at about 9 months or longer and go away with time just in case you don't like the results. Good luck, Dr Kerr

Under eye hollowing

Hollowing in this area can be treated with fillers. "You probably will not get complete resolution but you can take the edge off of this with a hyaluronic acid. My first pick for this area would be restylane. Cost will vary , especially by where you live. I my area would run 400-650 dollars. I would not be afraid of pigment issues. Should be none

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist