Rhinoplasty - Ways of Telling if a Nose is Still Swollen?

I had closed rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago. I'd ike to know if surgeons can make an estimate of how much swelling a person still has using factors such as, redness, numbness. In my case I have some soreness on the tip and bridge of the nose, the inside is still stuffy and I have a lot of numbness on the tip, particularly the left side which is still visibly bigger than the right (it looks wonky). Does numbness mean it is Defiantly still swollen? am quite worried about the left side at the moment.

Is Nose Swollen 4 Weeks after Rhinoplasty?

+1

Thank you for the picture and a description of your observations about your nose, but neither were necessary. All noses are swollen and firm with decreased feeling 4 weeks after a rhinoplasty. As healing progresses, firmness is an obvious indication of residual swelling.Your nose will change over the next year. 

My nose looks asymmetric after rhinoplasty (photo).

+1

Worry is like a rocking chair... It keeps you busy, but doesn't get you anywhere.  You ARE still swollen.  In my experience, the nose becomes smaller and contours more well defined for 12-18 months after the rhinoplasty procedure.  If the shape is becoming worse, see your surgeon.  Injectable Radiesse or another product can improve asymmetries.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com