Will my Nose Get Any Smaller 6 Months Rhinoplasty?

I got Closed Rhinoplasty. My nose used to have a huge hump on it, and now it's straight, but from the front it looks wide, and from the side it looks like it's sticking out too much. When I press my fingers down on the area where the hump used to be, it feels like bone and it doesn't feel swollen. Will it get any smaller?

Will Nose Get Smaller 6 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+2

There will be a minimal decrease in the size of the bony portion of your nose 6 months following rhinoplasty. However the lower 2/3rds of the nose, particularly the tip, will get smaller and better defined for 12-18 months after surgery.

Nose swelling after a Nose Operation

+2

Nasal swelling persists for up to a year after nose surgery. In other words the appearance of the nose is not fully established for up to a year after surgery. That being said, this does not mean the the maximal swelling exists until a day short of 12 months and it disappears overnight. The amount of swelling at 6 months s considerably less than it was 5 mots earlier and like a nearly lifted fog allows you to begin to see the final picture. Discuss it with your surgeon. 

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+2

Swelling can still be present at 6 months, and even up to 1 year or more depending on what was done. Your nose can look wide when it is swollen, or it can look wide based on what was done to the underlying structures. Swelling can also make the nose seem bigger on a profile view also. The best person to judge whether the or not what you are still swollen is your probably your surgeon. You can always get a second opinion if for some reason you are not comfortable addressing this with your surgeon. If you are considering a revision, it is usually preferred to wait a full year before having another rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.anitapatelmd.com

Shape Of Nose Six Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

At six months after your rhinoplasty I would expect no change in its size or shape. Your description sounds like that of 'flat platform' after a hump reduction where the shape of the upper dorsum, while smaller, is more flat and not curved. This may require revision for improvement at this point after surgery but you should see and discuss this with your surgeon. If there is no change after one year and you are still unhappy, then it is reasonable to consider a revision.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyrhinoplasty.com

Will my nose get any better?

+1

This is an impossible question to answer based on the incomplete information provided.  Also, because the question is so specifically about your situation, it would be best answered in person by your surgeon, or another knowledgeable rhinoplasty expert in your area.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

+1

Photos would help in the evaluation.  If a large dorsal hump was removed and nasal bones weren't fractured inward towards the midline, there may be an open roof deformity.  The tip can thin up to 12 months post Rhinoplasty.  Be sure your Rhinoplasty Surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.  

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Swelling in nose post rhinoplasty

+1

The tip on a rhinoplasty can take up to a year to resolve.  It is usually the last are to subside, so try to be patient.  In the worst case scenario if you do need a minor touch-up it can be done under local.  Discuss nthis with your plastic surgeon at your next visit and find out if any cost would be involved as well.  Good luck from Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results are present after1year.

+1

Rhinoplasty results are present after 1 year. Between 6-12 months the nose will change. Be patient and see your surgeon.