Can I get a 5th rhinoplasty done to slender the tip even if I have a large amount of scar tissue? (photo)

I had my 3rd rhinoplasty early 2010 then about 6 months later I got hit in face and had my nose broke. I went to a reconstructive surgeon who did a open rhinoplasty.He told me I had a ton of scar tissue so this was the smallest he could get the tip, he gave me several injections for the swelling. He also tried to remove sutures but my nostrils did not connect. He had me come back and he re sutured my nostrils over 5x before they attached. I'm having trouble breathing.

Can I get a 5th rhinoplasty done to slender the tip even if I have a large amount of scar tissue?

+2

I would say that there may be something that can be done. An exam would be mandatory.

5th Rhinoplasty to Narrow Tip

+2

I'm sorry the results of your previous surgery have bees so frustrating. Your tip is wide but after so many previous procedures I'm not comfortable making any recommendations without an examination of your nose.

Based on your photo, I would not suggest a 5th Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2

Your frontal photo looks good. Your tip is a bit wide, but it's not unattractive or "operated-looking". So in that regard, it may be best to leave things alone.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Revision x 5

+2

I certainly see the fullness in your tip that is bothering you. The question becomes can the additional surgery and associated surgical trauma achieve your goals safely. As we continue to operate on the same area, the results become less predictable, the surgery becomes more challenging and the risk of complications increase. You have to weigh these factors when considering another operation. I would recommend waiting another 6 months to a year to allow the swelling to fully resolve (more surgeries = longer period of swelling) and then reassess how you feel. Being conservative in your case will keep you out of hot water ;)

Good Luck,

Dr Shifrin

David Shifrin, MD