Surgery Needed for Broken Nose and Slight Deviated Septum?

I broke my nose 5 days ago from an accident at home. I went to see a plastic surgeon today in NYC, found an MD on the net. I was told that I have a broken nose, and it's fractured with slight deviated septum. My nose is crooked a bit, but I can breathe fine. I just leave my noise alone. I am over 45 years old. Would I need to have a closed Rhinoplasty or Septoplasty?

Nasal fracture repair

Thank you for the question. If you have a mild deviation of the nose and/or septum, this can often be corrected in the first few days after the injury via a closed reduction. This procedure is done with topical numbing medications in many cases. If the fracture is "set" (not mobile), then a more involved septorhinoplasty would be needed. If you do not have any significant breathing problems, the decision to have this done would have more to do with cosmesis. Best of luck moving forward!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon