Are 2 Weeks Enough to Heal from Rhinoplasty?

I am planning a nose surgery to reshape the tip of my nose. I have a 2-week vacation. I do not want people to know about it. Will I heal properly to resume my work 2 weeks after surgery? Thanks.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Depends

+1

Hi,

The vast majority of patients take one week off. I did my own wife's surgery 2 weeks prior to our engagement party and she looked great. But there are some patients who will retain swelling to a greater degree.

Whether your friends can tell you had surgery or not has less to do with the timeline and more with the actual surgery. If the nose looks natural, 90% of people cant tell you had surgery at one week. If the nosejob looks fake or distorted then most people will know you had a nose job even 2 years out.

Good luck

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Two weeks is typically enough to heal from rhinoplasty

+1

Two weeks is an acceptable timeframe to take off from work to undergo a rhinoplasty surgery. On a very rare occasion there are some bruises that can last longer than two weeks, but that is highly unusual. Full healing on the nose will take a year. If there is some minor swelling, that will subside over time. This will not be noticeable to the casual observer at two weeks post rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Probably enough time

+1

Hi,

You should be ok within two weeks. If you just have the tip of your nose done, there should be minimal bruising and swelling that should clear up within two weeks. Ultimately it does take 6 weeks for about 85-90% of the swelling to be gone with the rest taking 6-12 months to disappear completely.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Healing after Rhinoplasty

+1

You will be aware of swelling two weeks after, but this will not  be seen by others. Bruising of your skin is very unlikely. Remember that the appearance of your tip will continue to improve for many months after surgery.

Rhinoplasty; Is Two Weeks Enough Time to Keep Coworkers in the Dark About Why Ad Nose is Different?

+1

Hi Aditii,

You should have enough time if you are able to use the full two weeks after your tiplasty. It sounds like you are having subtle changes.

If any more than just subtle changes, start thinking of the stories for your suspicious co-workers. Things like...."I was walking the dogs when a bitch in heat walked by, they took off, the leashes wrapped around my legs and I landed on my nose", "hit by a ball in the company softball game (actually won't work with your co-workers), or other creative stories that you think of.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Post-op rhinoplasty

+1

2 weeks should be enough time for you to recuperate from the rhinoplasty.  You definitely will have some swelling. Usually the bruising goes away by two weeks, but you still may have some for up to 3 weeks.

Rhinoplasty recovery of 2 weeks is plenty of time

+1

Especially if you are only having the tip of your nose operated on, 2 weeks is plenty of time to take off.

Understand that from a medical standpoint you could probably return to a desk job in 1 or 2 days. However, if you wish to be discrete then it's your personal choice to take off more time. Even for a complete rhinoplasty most of my patients return to work in 7 to 10 days.

Discuss these concerns with your surgeon who may be able to better advise you taking into the account of the exact extent of your planned surgery.

Web reference: http://www.antell-md.com/newyorkplasticsurgeon/rhinoplasty_nyc.htm

In two weeks, you should good after Rhinoplasty

+1

Remember that it takes time for Mother Nature to shrink the tissues of the tip. After the cartilage has been sculpted, it takes time for the skin covering the newly fashioned tip cartilage to conform.

While the nose should look very decent at two weeks, as it ripens it gets even better. Noses can undergo subtle changes over a period of one year.

Yes it should.

+1

Especially if all that is being done is the tip, you should look fine in a week. There is very little bruising with tip surgery.

Recovery from Rhinoplasty

+1

Two weeks should be plenty of time to heal / recover from a rhinoplasty. Depending on the procedure you are having, you have some residual swelling and / or bruising which can be covered with make-up. However, the swelling and bruising should be resolved in plenty of time. Good luck with your recovery.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.