3 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty: Are Headaches and Pressure Pains Normal?

I had open rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago and I still have a headache and pressure at the front of my forehead going into my eyes. Is this normal? Daylight hurts my eyes and makes the headache worse.

+1
In most people discomfort and pain after rhinoplasty settles 24-48 hours after the surgery. In patients where the nasal bones have been narrowed, a minority of patients may find some sensitivity and discomfort over the bridge of the nose intermittently for several weeks.
In addition there is some swelling on the inside lining of the nose that can result in symptoms of congestion, this can result in headaches particularly in sensitive individuals if coupled with other conditions such as hay fever. These patients may benefit from additional medications during the recovery period.
Very rarely there can be other causes of headache after rhinoplasty and it would advised to return to your surgery for a further evaluation of your symptoms and treatment. 

London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Headache after rhinoplasty

+1
It is not typical to have much pain 3 weeks after rhinoplasty. There could be several causes and you should discuss a more thorough evaluation with your surgeon.

Richard Dale Reynolds, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Headache and eye pain after rhinoplasty

+1

You should have your surgeon evaluate you.  This could be indicative of sinus issues or migraine headache or some other pathology.  Unusal at 3 weeks.  Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Headaches, pressure, and photophobia

+1

Each situation is unique and only your rhinoplasty surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and should be the person commenting on post-operative questions such as this

Sam Naficy, MD

Pain after rhinoplasty

+1

I see no relarionship between your surgery and light sensativity. Are you breathing through your nose? if not, post rhinoplasty interna swelling can last weeks and cause congestion and headaches>

David A. Bray, Sr., MD