Rhinoplasty in Cuba?

I am thinking about having Rhinoplasty in Cuba, as it is much cheaper to do it there. Cuba is reknowned for its prowess in the medical field. What is their success rate in rhinoplasty. Would you recommed this move?

Why risk Rhinoplasty in Cuba?

+1

No country in the world has more Rhinoplasty (true) experts than the US. Even so, one should be very careful in selecting a Rhinoplasty surgeon. Rhinoplasty requires more talent, training, and experience than ANY cosmetic surgical procedure performed. Meaning, that just because someone has a certificate to do a procedure does not guarantee a good outcome. So search for experience and see some photographic results and talk to patients.

It will be easier to find an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon here than in a foreign country. Plus, if something goes wrong, where will you turn?

After 23 years doing these in private/university practice I have seen many problems with foreign surgery and have revised many nose jobs. Doesn't mean you won't hit the jackpot, do it cheap, and be very satisfied with the results from a surgeon in Cuba. It is simply more difficult to determine the expertise, obtain follow up or return for problems.

I will be happy to view your frontal, side and base facial views. Post them and you will get a response. Good luck!

Germantown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery Tourism Is Usually Not Recommended

+1

Although there are many experienced rhinoplasty surgeons outside the US (and Cuba may not be an exception), having plastic surgery abroad is hardly something, I would recommend. We all see patients who had surgeries abroad, usually with questions, problems or complications, not even to talk about unsatisfactory aesthetic outcomes. How is your surgeon going to deal with this if he is not able to see you? If you see a rhinoplasty at home, he usually does not quite know what was done which may interfer with optimal care. And if the outcome is non-satisfactory, revision surgery will likely be more expensive than the first procedure would be if performed in the US.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

I hope you are Kidding!

+1

Rhinoplasty in Cuba is a very bad idea! In fact Rhinoplasty outside Of the US is very risky. Your best bet is to find the most experienced talented rhinoplasty surgeon in your area or close by and make sure you have asked all of the right questions as the first surgeon has the best chance to give you the type of result you are looking for.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon