Should I Have a Revision As my Right Eye Inner Corner Has a Big Scar?

Hi, I had double eyelid surgery 6 weeks ago, also I had my inner eye corners cut as recommended by my doctor. however my two eyes are differet, left eye is done perfectly. For right eye, there is a big scar in the inner corner, seems suture was not sewed smothly, the scar in right eye is very tight, and cause skin folding, also that right eye inner corne scar is longer than left eye one. it also cover the eye corner. I spoke to my doctor, he said the skin folding will disapear once scar softened

For others out there, don't let surgeons cut the inner eyelid like this.

+2

Wang 

The surgery you had on the inner corner is designed to take an inside fold to an outside fold.  This is a highly risky procedure because it can create very unnatural scarring in the upper eyelid that may never be right.  Your are too early from surgery to tell where you are headed.  It is far too early to even consider revisional upper eyelid surgery.  My advice is no matter how you don't like the upper eyelids right now, you need to be patient.  It will take a couple of more months before the creases settle down.  I strongly advise waiting a full year before undertaking a revision of this type of eyelid surgery.  Many things will settle down in this time frame.  

You should wait on healing

+1

You need to allow the eye to soften up over a long period of time, a year or more. It is important  not to reoperate right now - it will make the situation worse. 

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

Wait wait wait

+1

One of the most important aspects of being a surgeons is to provide reassurance for our patients during the postoperative period. And this is what I recommend for you:  please be patient and allow your body to heal, the scarring to soften, and the redness to vanish before considering whether the surgery is a success or not.

As other surgeons have responded, this type of surgery needs months of recovery.

Good luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Oriental eye lid

+1

You had an EPICANTHAL FOLD, which the surgeon tried to cut. It is usually trated with a DOUBLE Z-PLASTY to correct.

Now you have a straight scar, and the scar is toofresh. You need to wait a long time 1-1/2 years for the scar to soften and mature.then see if it can be repaired with a double z-plasty