Can I reverse results from unnecessary thread lift and facial fat transfers?

Please help. Unnecessary procedures for a 20 y.o  Had a thread lift and fat grafts (cheeks, chin, nasoblasial folds, forehead) one week ago. Face now looks distorted, unnatural, unlike myself at all. Face looks stretched, pulled much too wide and unnaturally fat and puffy - eyes and lips have gotten smaller, while nose has been pulled wider and bigger. Unable to smile due to heaviness of fat injected into nasoblasial folds... in addition to extreme headaches. Would give anything to reverse it, realize now how harmful and unnecessary

Look bad after fat injections and thread lift

+2
  • The threads can be cut and depending on their texture, removed.
  • That said, unless you feel you can trust your current surgeon, I would get copies of your before photographs and a copy of the operative report from your current surgeon and see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
  • It is possible, depending on how much fat was injected, that as swelling subsides, things return to normal.
  • And depending on how much was injected, it may be possible to remove some fat if necessary.
  • But act now - about 2 weeks after surgery, scar is getting firm and it is harder to reverse any of what has been done - if an experienced, competent surgeon deems it advisable. Best wishes. 

Thread facelift

+2
I thought the threads for thread facelift were removed off the market for that use??
The threads, a barbed thread, still on the ,market looking for some use???
You need to wait till all the swelling is gone. If you are early after the thread lift, I would remove the thread as soon as possible before scarring of the tissue. Wait on the fat graft till complete healing 3-6 month, then re-evaluate and decide what is available to you. At twenty years of age I need to see the pre-operative pictures before I can justify a facelift in a twenty years old. But there are some doctors that will justify un-necessary cosmetic  surgery for the money.
Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com

Reversing the product of a facelift may be impossible.

+1
I'm not sure why you're having all these procedures done at the age of 20. At one week there is swelling which makes assessment of the situation impossible. After swelling is totally subsided should There be anything that you dislike it should be discussed your surgeon. You might want to consider getting another opinion.

Facial surgery for a 20 year old

+1

It is highly unusual to have thread lift, or any lift in someone your age. As for the fat graft, in properly selected young patients it can produce pleasing result. You are only 1 week post-op, and it is impossible to judge your final results at this time. It can take at least 3 months to see if you will need any revision surgery.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Unusual for a 20 y/o to have what you did

+1
but perhaps your pre-op photos would show potential benefit from the procedures you selected.  Regardless, best to check with your surgeon as to how to reverse process.  It is our job to make sure the patient understands everything about procedures being considered.  Did you have that discussion or simply that it could be done?  If your surgeon won't work with you, consider getting a second opinion for other options.  Vigorous massage of your fat grafts will decrease its survival so massage away where you want to rid yourself of the graft.

Curtis Wong, MD

+1
You have an unfortunate scenario. Having your pictures available will help.Thread lift on a 20 year old is not standard.
I recommend that you wait at least 3 months until all is healed and settled down prior considering any revisions. These can be technical and time consuming and you may need more than one session.
Find a plastic surgeon, who has good experience  in this area. Good luck.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Reversing Thread Lifts and Fat Grafting

+1
Can you send some pictures?

I cannot even imagine being 20 and having a facelift.

In the meantime, please find a surgeon you can trust to help you through this.  It will take time for everything to settle down, and in the meantime you need to make sure all is healing appropriately.  

If you send pictures it is much easier to comment, and being 20 years old it is impossible to imagine. 

Wishing you all the best.

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon