Will I Be Okay to Use Retin-A Micro One Day Prior to Fraxel Non-Ablative Laser Therapy for Acne Scars?

If I stop using Retin A Micro 0.01% one day prior to my Fraxel Laser treatment which is non ablative, Is that safe to do so.?

Retin-A prior to Fraxel Treatment..

I typically recommend our patients to stop the use of Retin-A's one week prior to any laser treatments.  This will make you less sensitive to the procedure and the ability to get optimal results. Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens Marina Plastic Surgery Associates Marina del Rey, CA The Institute

4644 Lincoln Blvd
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

Retin-A & Fraxel

We suggest that Retin-A should not be used prior a Fraxel procedure.  Retin-A contains a form of vitamin A that can make you more sensitive to ultraviolet light.  We often stop Retin-one week before and one week after more agressive Fraxel laser treatments.

David Goldberg, MD

115 East 57th Street
New York, NY 10022

Fraxel is great but I discontinue retinoids before treatment

I would suggest you discontinue Retin-A immediately before Fraxel and for a few weeks after Fraxel.  The laser will do all of the work for you and Retin-A can make you needlessly irritated.

Michele S. Green, MD

156 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10075

OK to use retin-a but ask your doctor doing your fraxel

I usually have patients stay on their retin-a prior to fraxel.  However, please ask your doctor to make sure.

Jay Zimmerman, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

2255 Ygnacio Valley Rd
Walnut Creek, CA 94598