Fraxel on Eczema?

Hello, I have recurrent eczema on the body. I would only put Diprolene for 2 days (twice a day) and it will go away, it may take 2 to 3 weeks before it appears again, which in my assessment, is a little under controll now. I have been thinking to undergo fraxel treatment for my acne pox mark in my face to improve it but having apprehention due to my autoimmune desease though nothing appears in my face. I would be grateful to have your Professional/medical advice in regard to this matter.

Fraxel on Eczema?

+1

Thank you for your question. I would not recommend treating your skin when you have active eczema or skin issues. if the eczema is under control, you may undergo treatment for scars. Discuss your concerns and your history of eczema so the proper precautions may be followed. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist for  safest and best treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Facial eczema can be problematic with facial Fraxel treatment

+1

Body eczema and facial eczema are usually 2 different things. I think I would do a test patch over a few scars first and see how they heal. I would proceed cautiously but not give up on the idea. 

Richard Fitzpatrick, MD (in memoriam)
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon