Are Scab Like Dots Normal After Fraxel Dual?

Are scab like dots normal after fraxel dual? I had fraxel dual, im not sure which one of the wavelengths was used but i have small scab dots from where the laser hit. I looked all over the internet and i cant find anything about this. After reading about what to expect after the procedure, it says nothing about this.. I am a light brown skin color probably fitzpatrick 4. They are slowly falling off, but is this normal? Will it cause the skin to get worse? Was something done wrong?

Dark spots after Fraxel

+2

The Fraxel Dual can cause small , almost microscopic specks on the skin after treatment.  This is normal and expected after treatment. When they work their way off around day 3 or 4, you will be thrilled how the skin looks underneath. Hope this helps.

Colorado Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Post Fraxel Laser Scabs

+1

Thank you for your question. Fraxel dual has 1927/1550 wavelengths which works on pigmentation, lines, acne scars and stimulates collagen.  It sounds like the scab dots are the pigmentation, which usually falls off in a week.  I would make sure to apply daily sunscreen with zinc.  You can also undergo microdermabrasion for quicker exfoliation. I would recommend consulting with and being treated under the supervision of  a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for best result and safest treatment options. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Small scab - like dots are normal after Fraxel Dual

+1

These little tiny crusts give a "coffe grounds " appearance to the surface of the skin and represent tiny spots of killed epidermis that will gradually slough off, usually starting about day 3 or 4 and taking 5-10 days to fully come off. The Fraxel Re:Store doesn't usually cause visible dots of dead epidermis,(though it always causes microscopic dots ).Sometimes these small dots are visible with the Re:Store and then they behave the same way as those caused by the Thulium (  the second laser in the Dual system ). Nothing is wrong, but it is important to avoid sun exposure while this is healing.

Richard Fitzpatrick, MD (in memoriam)
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Small dots after Fraxel Dual

+1

The small dots are normal after Fraxel Dual treatment.  Keep your skin moist with a product such as Aquaphor and cleanse gently.  You must avoid the sun for one month after your treatment to avoid hyperpigmentation and always use sun protection.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist