When to Resume Intecourse After Mons Pubis Liposuction?

When can I have Sex after liposuction?

+1
Each patient recovers and heals differently. It usually takes 2-3 weeks for you to be comfortable with resuming sexual intercourse. During this recovery time, you should be closely followed by your plastic surgeon, as he will be the best judge on when to resume sexual intercourse. You might be sore when you start, and your partner should be aware.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Intercourse after mons liposuction

+1

If you have already selected a plastic surgeon for your surgery or had the liposuction already, you should ask your doctor what his/her protocol is. My recommendation would be to wait around 3 weeks which would allow for much of the discomfort to subside and the risk of bleeding and bruising to be much lower.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Intercourse OK after liposuction

+1

Unless your surgeon has advised you otherwise......sexual intercourse is OK after liposuction, if you have not had other types of procedures or sutures placed, whenever your body feels comfortable for the activity. The mons pubis area (the pubic region) is a site where there may be more swelling and bruising after abdominal liposuction due to the pooling of fluid there by gravity. It may be more tender, so just adjust your activity accordingly.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon