Resulting Scar, No Belly Button and Wrinkles After Umbilical Hernia Repair

i had an umbilical hernia repair 6 months after giving birth in 2003, i was 18 at the time, the general surgeon that performed my surgery did not mention anything about loosing my belly button including getting wrinkles prior to surgery. nothing was discussed instead after the surgery, she informed me suprisingly that my belly button will be reconstructed, she never followed up with me so here i am 8 years later still trying to figure out how i will fix this problem.i am 26, 5'5 and weigh 127lbs

Abdominal Reconstruction After Childbirth and Hernia Repair.

+2

A TUMMY TUCK WILL BE YOUR BEST DIRECTION.  This will allow removal of excess skin, reconstruction of your belly button, midline muscle separation repair, and possible a little liposuction to further decrease a small amount of fat.   All the stretch marks will not be removed but much will be accomplished.  Talk to 3 ABPS Certified Plastic Surgeons.  Good Luck

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Repairing a belly button scar after surgery

+1
The belly button scar can be revised with laser and topical treatments, including Plato's Rx Scar Serum to reduce the hypertrophy of the scar. Laser therapy may be the first step to improving your belly button scar. 

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/body/61/abdominoplasty-and-belly-button-scar-revision.aspx

+1

Resulting Scar, No Belly Button and Wrinkles After Umbilical Hernia Repair: you will probably have this reconstructed with your tummy tuck

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Umbilical hernia repair

+1

We often perform umbilical hernia repair with an abdominoplasty.  Typically the umbilicus is saved.  Your best bet to remove the stretch marks will be a tummy tuck and recreation of your belly button as long as you have enough skin but this can be determined in consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes

Web reference: http://www.doctormeade.com/plastic-surgery-procedures/tummy-tuck/

No umbilicus

+1

You can certainly have an umbilical reconstruction depending upon what you want to do.  Good luck with your decision.

Neo-umbilicus

+1

You could use a tummy tuck if you are done having kids to remove some of the stretch marked skin and tighten the muscles.  A new belly button (neoumbilicus) can be made for you at that time.

A Belly Button lost after Umbilical Hernia Repair CAN be created as part of a Tummy Tuck

+1

Regarding: "Resulting Scar, No Belly Button and Wrinkles After Umbilical Hernia Repair
"

Sorry about your situation but it IS fixable.

Loss of the belly button is a well known complication of umbilical hernia repairs and MUCH more so with repair of recurrent umbilical hernias. I am not sure why you were not told about it. (Possibly in an attempt not to scare you). The blood vessels keeping the belly button alive run on the side walls and in the fat right around the tube making up the belly button. The SAME location where the hernia sac is located. In the process of separating the hernia sac from the belly button stalk some of these vessels are injured. If enough of them are injured, the belly button may not get enough blood and will die which is what happened to you.

If you are at your ideal weight or a BMI of 28 and under, are done having children and are ready for it, a Full Tummy Tuck can be done which would not only flatten your tummy, narrow the waist, removing a lot of the stretch mark damaged skin under the belly button and lift a sagging Mons pubis but it COULD be combined with creation of a NEW belly button for you.

I just answered your question about having a Brazilian Butt Lift first. Educate yourself on all your options and you will do well.

Dr. Peter Aldea