Restylane for Acne Scars?

Can restylane be used to fill in acne scars? I don't want to take the time to try lasers, i'm looking for a quick fix!

It can be helpful but don't ask for perfection

+2

Hey Caligirl,

Restylane can do a very nice job with acne scars though some cases may be tougher than others.  Don't expect perfection but coupling it with treatments like CO2 therapy can make it even more effective.  Possibly a peel.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Web reference: http://www.chaselaymd.com/non-surgical/dermal-fillers.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for acne scars

+2

Restylane can be an excellent filler for acne scars. Your doctor can inject saline to test whether the indentations are tethered down and will or will not rise up . You can also inject saline prior to try to loosen them up with saline and a needle. I have had excellent results with this. I do think that laser is the ultimate best but also feel that sometimes raising the scars up prior to the laser improves your laser results. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Restylane for Acne Scars

+2

Caligirl,

Great question! Restylane is a fantastic options for acne scars when just a few are bothersome. If you have multiple areas of scarring, you may want to take the time to do the laser treatment. With a few spots, a small amount of Restylane can be injected directly into the depressed area to help plump or fill the depression. I would consult an experienced injector when doing your research, or if you decide to have the treatment done. 

Rogers Dermatologist

Acne scar treatment

+2

Restylane or Juvederm can be used to treat acne scars but the results are only temporary and not long lasting. You would do far better to get laser resurfacing with someone who has advanced knowledge of lasers such as a dermatologist as that can bring about permanent improvement in the appearance of your acne scars.

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane will help for acne scars, but don't expect great results

+2

I have been only mild impressed with fillers for acne scars.  The problem is often the skin is tethered down and the filler doesn't lift the depressed area well.  For a quick fix, its the only thing available.  Besides lasers, there is TCA cross and radiofrequency devices such as the INFINI by Lutronic.  See my blog about acne scars.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin, Florida.

Web reference: http://stevenfweinermd.wordpress.com/2013/08/05/the-various-treatments-for-acne-scars-scarring-at-the-aesthetic-clinique/

Restylane for Acne Scars?

+1

Yes, In the hands of an experienced injector, Restylane is a great option to help minimize and soften acne scarring. Seek a reputable provider to ensure a result you wish to achieeve

Dermal fillers for depressed acne scars

+1

The appearance of depressed and pitted acne scars can be improved quite a bit with dermal fillers such as Restylane.  

Restylane for Depressed Acne Scars

+1

Hi Caligirl.  Restylane can be an option for acne scars, but really only in cases where the base or diameter of the acne scars is large, say greater than 1/4".  When you have a larger indentation, it's easier to lift the whole area with dermal fillers like Restylane than when you have a few pinpoint scars.  It does not work with smaller scars.

To get an idea if you are a candidate, check the photo at the link below.  This is a picture of an acne scar patient we treated with Restylane.  

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/ba-acne-scar-removal-3.aspx